Headlight

busey

How do other's find the headlights mine don't seem to light up more than a few car lengths looking at brighter bulb but wondering about the aim of mine

PeaceMaker

In rain / bad conditions the light is weak.. I ve tested it yesterday, but then again what stock headlight isn't?

A brighter bulb or xenon could do wonders for the bad weather..

Regarding good weather, you have to change very often between low a high lights, but that's normal..

Anthony

I came from a 14 year old Kawasaki ER-5 and the headlight is a huge upgrade for me. I guess my expectations were a little lower though.

Phil_B

Forgive my being dumb Busey, what code are the dual filament bulbs in the bike (I.e. like H1, H7 for cars)?

I couldn't see it in the manual. Though it did say to get your light alignment checked after a bulb change. It would be good if you could get a bulb swapped without that hassle!

Let us know how you get on.

In terms of bulbs, I've been impressed with Bosch Pure lights - having got crap life out of Phillips Extreme.

busey

Dual filament lamps dipped+full beam are H4 I got the 60/55 watt ones has the 100 watt bulbs can scorch the plastic lens H1 and H7 are single filament bulbs

Phil_B

Dual filament lamps dipped+full beam are H4 I got the 60/55 watt ones has the 100 watt bulbs can scorch the plastic lens H1 and H7 are single filament bulbs
Ah, H4, that's good to know cheers. If its easy enough abd doesn't bugger with the light levelling. I'll be tempted to get a nice one myself!

pengjn

Guys, got this for £6 on ebay and I have to say what a massive difference, it's a lot brighter and whiter, if it stops raining I'll have a ride tonight and see how good it really is in the dark, but initial impression are superb.

https://www.osram.com/osram_com/products/lamps/automotive-lamps/automotive-motorcycles/halogen-headlight-lamps-for-motorcycles/night-racer-plus/index.jsp?productId=ZMP_1042315
Did you ride with it? Significant difference? I haven't got my bike yet but anything I can do to improve my vision and visibility is a bonus, especially for £6!!!

Dede

Guys, got this for £6 on ebay and I have to say what a massive difference, it's a lot brighter and whiter, if it stops raining I'll have a ride tonight and see how good it really is in the dark, but initial impression are superb.

https://www.osram.com/osram_com/products/lamps/automotive-lamps/automotive-motorcycles/halogen-headlight-lamps-for-motorcycles/night-racer-plus/index.jsp?productId=ZMP_1042315
Osram seems to have a full line of motorcycle specific lighting,,, Interesting, probably a valuable upgrade for our safety...
https://www.osram.com/osram_com/applications/automotive/motorcycle-lighting/index.jsp

What kind of connector do we have, H4 of H7?

Last edited:

Irksome

Looks whiter, but the 'sidelight' looks quite yellow still - need to change that too I think.

'fraid to say I don't like that screen!

Mushymi5

Wanted the yam screen but not available for some time yet, changed the side light and it's a lot whiter, but ordered some new osram 6,7k LEDs, so I'll post some more when I get them.

PeaceMaker

I have a cheap ebay xenon kit.. and yes its a massive difference.. now I can see the road.. cars don't like it much tough.. :)