Givi rack

D

Deleted member 20

How much for is a decent TRX in the UK? Here is around £2K.

dazzor

How much for is a decent TRX in the UK? Here is around £2K.
Yes, similar money here, maybe as little as £1.5k.

I'd quite like one that's been modded to a more naked, upright configuration.

Having said that, I'd take a much loved standard one all day long.

So I'm guessing you'd quite like that MT-09 block in a TDM package? :)

.....come on Yamaha, you know it makes sense....edit...they're doing a touring version of 09, aren't they?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

Agree, there is much to like with that trellis frame and twin engine. Stock or modded.
View attachment 952
On the other hand, I can get a barely broken in orange 2014 MT09 ABS for £5500. Seriously tempted...

Last edited by a moderator:

dazzor

Agree, there is much to like with that trellis frame and twin engine. Stock or modded.
View attachment 952
On the other hand, I can get a barely broken in orange 2014 MT09 ABS for £5500. Seriously tempted...
That's one seriously sublime conversion to cafe racer there....I want it!

I know what you mean about an 09. I'm getting the 07 as a workhorse. If it was about biking for pleasure it would be something more akin to the 09, if not an 09.

dacreative

Help needed :(

My bike is finally ready to collect (I'll get it tomorrow)

My dealer has fitted Givi arms/plate for my V46 box BUT.....insists the R&G tail-tidy I also ordered is not going to fit because of the Givi kit.

Any thoughts on this are very welcome. (Including suggestions for an alternative tail-tidy that is compatible with the Givi kit already fitted)

Thanks

Darren
Finally how did you got out with the V46 ? Is it compatible with the bike ? in terms of dimensions ? not too big ?
I hesitate to do like you

dazzor

Finally how did you got out with the V46 ? Is it compatible with the bike ? in terms of dimensions ? not too big ?
I hesitate to do like you
Yeah, it's on there. Looks ok I guess. It's a necessary evil for me.

I gave up on a tail tidy though and took Anders advice and learned to live with it as is....cheers Anders old chap :)

I'll take a picture in a bit if you like, of my filthy machine. ( it is coated in AFC50 though)

Cheers

Darren

Last edited:

dacreative

Thanks it's really helping me.
For me it's an important need too.
Did you installed the stopping light system on your V46 ?
it looks like an unnecessary option that does not last very long ? Still it can be important for those who following you ...

dacreative

Yeah, it's on there. Looks ok I guess. It's a necessary evil for me.

I gave up on a tail tidy though and took Anders advice and learned to live with it as is....cheers Anders old chap :)

I'll take a picture in a bit if you like, of my filthy machine. ( it is coated in AFC50 though)

Cheers

Darren
Hello Darren, I'll be glad to see how the V46 looks on your mt-07 , please ?

dazzor

Not great pictures but hopefully they give an idea of scale and general look.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420996334.908291.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420996350.489826.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420996364.174014.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420996374.806538.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420996384.289961.jpg

It's a shame in many ways to stick a carbuncle on the back of such a compact machine....but because it's so compact and agile it invariably attracts folk like me who need/want a fun commuter....and the 07 is, in my opinion a serious traffic tool, scalpel like in many ways.

Last edited:

dacreative

Cool thank you Darren ! Finally I made my order with the givi rack.
It looks more solid than the Yamaha rack. It certainly do..
I'll go for a secondhand V46 or new v47.
Thanks again

alcooly

Got a question regarding the fitting of this kit. What are people using to cut the fairing holes? I've ordered the monorack arms and want to make the cuts as neat as possible.

Cheers

D

Deleted member 20

I did drill a 3 mm hole in each of 4 corners and than cut the square hole between them using a new/sharp knife. I used knife used by carpenters, flooring jobs etc. Working slowly though the plastic.

bobh

Hi allyw71, I just got my Givi rack yesterday, but i didn't manage to take the plastic part between the seats off. There are 2 bolts that I removed, but there was something else holding it in place i couldn't figure. Can you tell me what to look for?
I don't see an answer to this question in this thread.

I'm having the same problem. Feeling underneath, there seem to be 2/3 tabs that go through from the filler piece (the one that Bezzy refers to) into the side covers. But I can't lift the filler piece out without putting what seems like too much force on it - the plastic feels quite flimsy and I don't want to risk breaking it.

The Owner's Manual is no help. Advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Bob

alcooly

I don't see an answer to this question in this thread.

I'm having the same problem. Feeling underneath, there seem to be 2/3 tabs that go through from the filler piece (the one that Bezzy refers to) into the side covers. But I can't lift the filler piece out without putting what seems like too much force on it - the plastic feels quite flimsy and I don't want to risk breaking it.

The Owner's Manual is no help. Advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Bob
I will be removing mine tonight so should be able to give you an answer after then.

bobh

Thanks.

In desperation I did actually get a copy of the full maintenance manual (many thanks, Peter), which I think those diagrams come from. At least they confirm that there's no secret fastener etc. that I'd overlooked. So I just persevered, waiting for bits of plastic to come flying off at any moment, but eventually the cover did come off.

On examination, the middle (largest) of the three tags that go through the side cover has a hook on the outer edge, so it helps to pull the joint apart sideways a little, without allowing it to lift, to help to disengage this.

There's also a tag right at the back end of the side panel, low down, that hooks into the tail light, and can be a bit reluctant to come out.

What a palaver, though! You'd think whoever designed this area of bodywork was going for the award for "How many different types and sizes of fastener can I use to hold on one bit of plastic?"

Just got to cut the holes and put it all back together again now! ("Installation is the reverse of removal", as Mr Haynes is so fond of saying.)

alcooly

Good stuff, I'll actually be doing mine toinight. Anyone know which template is left and which is right? They are labelled DX and SX!