Ermax Screen Lop Sided

Sivvo73

It's hard to see from the photo, but it's easily 10mm out maybe more, contact seller and they've checked stock , seems their entire batch is the same, wondered if anyone else has had/seen this issue?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411149775.930180.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xt660isgood2

Yep me too. And thanks for pointing it out.
After fitting it weeks ago. It looked ok from the front because the pointy bit at the bottom near light is central with the light.
But as soon as I got on her, it just didn’t seem quite right? But couldn’t see why?
Anyway just been out to garage, and you are quite correct, the holes are obviously out.
And from the riding position, left of centre.
Any Idea if we will be getting a replacement? I actually really do like the screen

Sivvo73

It's difficult to make out, but the cut of the plastic seems off centre , the small vent in the centre seems to be perfectly central which means no matter how you still the holes either the shape or the vent can't be set centred [emoji20] the two tone is worse since the transition line makes it more prominent. I'm wondering if the solid black would be a better option [emoji780] for me if the entire batch was cut incorrectly it might have to be a refund and see what else is out there, I know what you mean though Xt660 I really like this screen too.

Sivvo73

Puig , hmmmmImageUploadedByTapatalk1411153747.271709.jpg ok so it's modelled on the MT09 but shouldn't differ much [emoji106]

xt660isgood2

Yeah, I've got the black and the bolt heads aren't as obvious. And from the front ...the central vent, looks central. But from the riding position it is left of center.
Which brings me to thank you. Because I really thought I was going mad. Got used to it now (well until you pointed it out!)
Either way I'll stick with it.

Sivvo73

Sorry bud , didn't want to highlight the problem if you're happy with it, you could always counteract the lean by riding with your head on the side [emoji106]

badger27

looks like the tint isn't squire looking at the top of the angles its as if the dark tint is very much lower at one side . i'd contact the vendor and see what they can do
i have a black one i'll investigate shortly
It's hard to see from the photo, but it's easily 10mm out maybe more, contact seller and they've checked stock , seems their entire batch is the same, wondered if anyone else has had/seen this issue?
View attachment 906

Sivvo73

Messaged the vendor , it'll be going back for a refund since they've confirmed the whole batch is plagued with the same issue [emoji20] , might end up been the yamaha sport screen, shame because I like the looks on the Ermax

TJ63

Have another look at the Givi. I reckon it looks great (but then I'm biased because I bought one).

And it's cheaper than the Yamaha one.

towner87

Just checked mine after reading this and it too is one sided. I will be contacting the Ebay seller shortly and will post a reply.

Dave R

Hi , I have an all black one and yes it is out on top edge which only really notices if you look hard. Thought something was not 100% when I fitted but was eager to use as I had waited 6 weeks for a Yamaha one to arrive and gave up and went for this. I think maybe the all black is less obvious? Bit miffed but will stick with it. Best wishes , Dave

Sivvo73

Looks like the whole batch then... Sorry peeps, had I not said anything maybe you'd all just have lived with it. [emoji30]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ralph

Somthing like that is strangely annoying,
theres something not quite right with the
bars or instruments on my MT just a fraction
out so little I cant quite decide what it is but
suspect the instruments must get round to loosening
it off and giving it a little tweak,

xt660isgood2

Looks like the whole batch then... Sorry peeps, had I not said anything maybe you'd all just have lived with it. [emoji30]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I can't be ask to swap it. Will just tilt head over 2.5 degrees to compensate (anyway, just look how much a stamp/coin is worth now with a defect!)

Tommeke

this is the answer Ermax wrote after the remark on the lop sided screen :

We checked our stocks and model. There is indeed this difference that you noted on your enclosed picture.
But this difference is compensated by cuttings and holes positions, and the nose screen is straight when it is fitted on motorbike.
It has been validated as it is.

Isn't this just redicoulus !
We made a mistake, covered it up a bit and now it's good to sell for to much money ?

A croocked screen stays croocked even if u redo the holes ! No ?