Daytime Running Lamp

P

Peter

I do belive the DRL on bikes is one of the most important feature. A life saving equipment. We are not visible for car drivers so we have to do everything to improve our visibility.

This is my first but temporary solution. The 3W LED lamps got from ebay, the price is marginal.
IMAG0498_.jpg

The result is here:
IMAG0496_.jpg

It is not bad but not perfect. The light is strong enough but very dot like.

My final solution is a combined DRL/indicator. I would like to dim the DRL if the indicator works. Like Audi does. That's very cool. And a light sensor would be great to switch it off in the dark.

What is your opinion about this?

P

Peter

And I think the double light source is better than single. It helps other drivers to estimate our distance and speed. Agree?

allyw71

My final solution is a combined DRL/indicator. I would like to dim the DRL if the indicator works. Like Audi does. That's very cool. And a light sensor would be great to switch it off in the dark.

What is your opinion about this?
I've seen such a light on the Tiger forum, they were in a strip of around 5 or 6 LED's which were stuck onto the handgaurds, bought from Ebay I believe. I don't think went off a night though, unless you switched them to do so.

D

Deleted member 20

I will receive my carbon black Acerbis Vision LED handguards this week, 10 W LED in each. Will serve five purposes:
1. Daytime running light
2. Night driving light
3. Bar end weights, since I use a Renthal Road Ultra Low bar instead of stock, now without weights.
4. Hand protection from elements, wind rain and crap.
5. Bling, hope the looks complement the MT.
View attachment 315
Chek it out on YouTube: http://youtu.be/HEQEmB5yl10

Last edited by a moderator:

amavro

I will receive my carbon black Acerbis Vision LED handguards this week, 10 W LED in each. Will serve five purposes:
1. Daylight running light
2. Night driving light
3. Bar end weights, since I use a Renthal Road Ultra Low bar instead of stock, now without weights.
4. Hand protection from elements, wind rain and crap.
5. Bling, hope the looks complement the MT.
View attachment 315
http://youtu.be/HEQEmB5yl10
They look extraordinary !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 20

Interesting ... I'd have thought the x-tarmac ones would be better suited to the MT-07?

Do post pictures when you have them please!

X-TARMAC - 0017564.090 | Acerbis
I will post pic when mounted and tested on the MT.
I have the Acerbis Dual Road on my TDM 900, all plastic and offer just limited wind protection. X-Tarmac looks even flimsier with that hinge. Both DualRoad and X-Tarmac offer LED-strips but I doubt any of them are powerful enough to really improve safety. The Vison has a metal bar behind the plastic, and proper LED power. Think it's a better product.
View attachment 318
(pic above from yesterday's 450 km roadtrip with 16 bikers from my local motorcycle club :)

D

Deleted member 20

Just did a walk around vid with Acerbis Vision LED and other mods.
[video=youtube;B0Xz5aBPuiQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Xz5aBPuiQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

xt660isgood2

But the headlight is allways on..
What he said. If some arse is going to pull out on you with a massive headlight on, whats the the point in investing? Problem is, some people just look but do not see.
Just ride and treat all on the road as complete numptys who are out till kill you

dazzor

What he said. If some arse is going to pull out on you with a massive headlight on, whats the the point in investing? Problem is, some people just look but do not see.
Just ride and treat all on the road as complete numptys who are out till kill you
True but extra lights might just make the difference in any given situation; who's to say otherwise?

Also, they look cool and us little boys, I mean men, do love a mod or twelve, don't we? :)

Mushymi5

bike led.jpg

Ive just upgraded the sidelight bulb with Osrams latest 501 LED with a 6,7k light colour, looks alot better than stock and brighter.

allyw71

If they are marked as Canbus safe they will have the resistors built in. It wont matter on the MT as it wont use the Canbus system on its lighting circuit. I have similar "bulbs" in my cars sidelights and they are great.