Damag caused by Ermax screen!!

towner87

After the recent post regarding the lop sided tint to the screen I took a closer look and discovered this!IMG_4258.jpgIMG_4260.jpg

As you can see the adapter plate has caused damage to the throttle cable outer sleeve. Luckily it has not damaged the actual cable but I am still pissed! I have already emailed the Ebay seller about getting a refund. I am very disappointed as this is a great looking screen.

Sivvo73

Ouch, sorry to hear that bud. Mines already been returned awaiting refund [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xt660isgood2

After the recent post regarding the lop sided tint to the screen I took a closer look and discovered this!View attachment 915View attachment 916

As you can see the adapter plate has caused damage to the throttle cable outer sleeve. Luckily it has not damaged the actual cable but I am still pissed! I have already emailed the Ebay seller about getting a refund. I am very disappointed as this is a great looking screen.
Yep. Looked at mine today, same as yours!

xt660isgood2

In fairness to Ermax here: After the trusty MT has been sleeping in the garage all winter I decided to address the “damaged” throttle cable situation.

Previously I had only looked and felt it with touch and a dark garage.

It appears (and I’ll hold my hands up if I’m wrong) That the damage on the pics above, is mainly not from the screen bracket but like a “manufactures type crimp in the cable” Which is ok and should be there. Would be interesting if other owners could confirm?

Anyway: After removing the screen holder it’s apparent that the throttle cables are
rubbing on the “knife edge” and have started digging into the outer casing and as I’ve
done very few miles, in time It would have cut through.

Solution: de-burred the razor sharp edges and dressed back a bit so cables are not in contact.

As said before just gonna have to live with the “wibbly wobbly holes” lol