Changing head light

D

Deleted member 20

Any volt meter instrument or using a tool you built yourself, a 12v bulb with 2 cables. Connect one lead to ground and test with the other cable on either W5W contact on bike. Bulb lights = +12v. Bulb off = ground. Rocket science ; -)

D

Deleted member 20

Video of what? How to replace a bulb or what the light output looks like?

Yaminator

Thanks and30ers for being specific on the one to get, the winter is coming and i could do with a new bulb. ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

My pics above show a FZ1 head lamp with two parking bulbs top right and left. The MT07/FZ07 has another head lamp design, one park bulb below the H4.

Both bikes use the same bulb types so I was just thinking this was an oppotunity to show pics of light color and output.

Apexs

what a nightmare that turned out to be, my bike has an alarm and it was hard work getting the light back on due to all the wires, wasn't sure where the parking lights are so i've left them alone for now, thought i would take a look under the seat, one of the bolts decided not to go back in straight and cross threaded, nightmare number 2!

oh and i found a black rubber washer under the bike, i hope its not from the bike because no clue where it came from!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20

Feel sorry for you. It is rather tight behind the MT07 head lamp. I too have addition junc back there; heated grips wires, aux light cables for my hand guards, a panel with some switches. Had to push hard to get it all in.

Yaminator

I've been speaking to a few mates with various other bikes that have done a headlight upgrade and they've reported a burning smell and after inspection the better bulbs have melted the housing in their headlights.........??
I just hope this is not the case for the Mighty MT.?

Apexs

so do i, and i was worried because after testing the light before putting everything back together i thought i could smell plastic more....

TJ63

As long as your replacement bulb is the same wattage as the original it should be fine. If you try a higher power one you could have problems.