Centre stand..

Unsterbliche

Will something like this stand work on the MT-07? These are normally used for big cruisers and there are those for dirt bikes, but are their undersides so different that a stand like this could damage the MT? Its quiet expensive to fit the bobbins for the rear tire on the MT so wondering if there are other options to get that tire off the ground?

Attachments

sdrio

I got one of these on Ebay for about £25. No bobbins required, you just adjust it to fit your swingarm.

Only lifts the back wheel, although I think you can get them for the front too.

mt07.jpg

jordatron

I've been looking into the abba stand myself and sent an inquiry email off about possible mt-07 compatibility, will let you know if they get back to me.

dazzor

I've been looking into the abba stand myself and sent an inquiry email off about possible mt-07 compatibility, will let you know if they get back to me.
Did the same thing myself yesterday. Fingers crossed they will have some adaptors made soon.

Thanks

Darren

timo

When i rang them a few weeks ago they said they were waiting for joe public to take bike in to measure up. Until that happens we cant get any thing.

dazzor

When i rang them a few weeks ago they said they were waiting for joe public to take bike in to measure up. Until that happens we cant get any thing.
Not sure what to make of that approach?

A business that happily takes your money but won't invest a bit of effort and time by being proactive.

Oh well, since biting the bullet and turning down a non-abs model, I'm now looking at a few months before getting an MT.....so hopefully Abba will have their business propped up by some generous sole with an 07 that lives nearby in the meantime.

Rant over :)

TJ63

I asked Phil_B if he'd do this, as he goes to Essex sometimes. It seems that it's a bit too far for him.

Anyone on here from Essex?

allyw71

Surely you would think that someone from abba could wander along to the nearest Yamaha dealer and take a few measurements

Phil_B

Yeah, sorry all its quite a way, and as I was given a free paddock stand a week or so after buying the bike the incentive has dropped away! (I initially contacted them and was told they need a test bike.)

I kind of agree with Ally. But if I'm ever down that way I'll look into dropping in.

DJP

I got one of these on Ebay for about £25. No bobbins required, you just adjust it to fit your swingarm...
I use one of these too. It works fine.

If I wanted to work on the suspension, I think I'd just strip the bodywork off and lay the bike down on a few old tyres.

It's not like the MT's too heavy to pick up again!

Biker Bill

I only live a few miles away from them. I'll give them a call and if they still need an MT 07 to measure up I'll drop in. Bill.

Yam MT 07

I emailed abba 2 weeks ago and they replied saying that they will have fitting kits for sale within the next 3 months