Brakes squealing

geot

Do your brakes squealing?
Mine do, especially when riding a downhill road and with not much speed..
2600klm at the ODO..

sdrio

Assuming you mean when you;re actually applying the brakes - it's usually dust/dirt behind the pads, where the piston pushes against them.

If you're up to it, just whip the pads out and put some copper grease on the back of them, that should shut them up.

Obvious thing to say - make sure you don't get it on the friction surface of the pads while you're there . . .

geot

Yes i'm applying them..
I know about cleaning them and all that stuff, but time is my enemy..
I just want to know if this happens to others too, with mt's factory pads..

sdrio

Yes i'm applying them..
I know about cleaning them and all that stuff, but time is my enemy..
I just want to know if this happens to others too, with mt's factory pads..
My MT07 doesn't do it, but I've had plenty of bikes that did, including an MT03. It has always been exactly the same issue.

2,600km sounds unusual, but maybe it's more dusty where you are.

gregjet

If the cooper grease doesent fix it ( acts as a dampener between the piston and the pad so it doesn't actually touch each other). Try taking out the pads and champhering the leading edge of the brake pads a little. That is a rasp or stanley knife ( box cutter) a 45deg edge where the right angle face/ edge of the pad first touches the disc. You won't notice the tiny reduction in pad area. Either way it shouldn't do it. Google it . There is probably a youtube video somewhere showing you how to do it.
Might pay to check the anti-rattle clip is in properly as well.
Another possible, and not much fun cause, is if that the brake cyl. mounting or the caliper or pistons are not parallel with the disc. Hyosung had this problem with early ones.
I am beginning to think the MT07 is assembled by the apprentices. My brand new MT has a stripped right front engine bolt.

Last edited: