Beware Armadillos

Ralph

That does look nasty, probably thought up by some rabid motorcycle hating over paid pratt.

shadowmonkey

There has been a trial in Manchester already

They do look like you would have a nasty fall if hit. However you have to treat it like there is a kerb instead of a cycle lane and hopefully keep cyclist to the lane instead of two a breast slowing traffic and p**sing people of.

Last edited:

Eddieh93

Like that is going to stop a motorist from going into the cycle lane and colliding with a cyclist at worst it's going to bump the car in the air and make it even more dangerous!

Do people like that actually think before they present and idea or is it just verbal diarrhoea do you reckon?

Ralph

They see a opportunity to make money it does not matter how many get killed
or injured as long as they get rich and those that are in charge of the roads get
their back handers.

Torque

Crazy idea, these armadillos need killing off as soon as possible :eek:

I'm not a big fan of cycle lanes made as part of the road anyway as in the picture above. I think it is far safer for everyone when cycle lanes are made as part of the pavement as in this picture. It disrupts the roads less and removes the temptation for drivers to enter the cycle lane (and it keeps cyclists off the road!)

on-pavement-cycle-lane-along-sevenoaks-way-brolmey-dptpge.jpg

Ralph

Problem with cycle lanes is that they are so little used that many cyclists don't like
using them as they get more punctures, they also round here at least take up a
lot of room what was once a 4 lane road is now 2 with nose to tale traffic and 2
empty cycle lanes, I bet they had to time the pic above just to get 1 cyclists in,
if cyclists would observe the rules of the road then there would be many less
accidents and they would be treated with greater respect.