Been out today.

Scim77

One thing I did notice after 3 weeks a long time for me without riding was how good
the MT-07 is to ride, we all have a bitch about something on the bike but a lay off
reminds you how good this bike really is at any price but for the price they are Bargain.
;););)
I entirely agree with that. The MT-07 is a fantastic machine and never fails to make me smile. Lucky for me the weather is still mild today in Sussex so I will be out riding again today. Yippee!

Ralph

-1 here and it was chucking it down yesterday a small village a few miles away was evacuated for the 3 or 4th
time in a few days, then ice this morning don,t mind cold and wet but don,t do ice, getting cabin fever again though
so just waiting my chance.

Ralph

Got out again today, sunny with a small shower or two roads wet in places some have been under 4 or 5 ft of water
and there are still many closed did about 40 miles bike running well not had a full dry day for about 6/7 weeks more
rain and floods expected over Xmas, still nice to get out on't bike though,
Marry Xmas and a happy New year to all

KEVINJSTANLEY

Hi Ralph
I hope you and your cumbrian buddies have a good xmas, the forecast is not good for you I hope the floods don't wreck all ur xmas's to much.

Ralph

We have been lucky stayed dry but lots of places round us have suffered,
I cant remember it being worse but other places have had it much worse
lets hope we have some dry weather in the new year.

robodene

Got out on a sunny day for 2 1/2 hours today. We are so much better off weather-wise down south and roads were only damp. Good to be on the 07 again after some weeks without.

Last edited:

Simoncrp

So I covered my bike in ACF50 yesterday and it now looks like it's just come out of a deep fryer! Although, it's now got a smoother gear change. Less of a clunk. Maybe I put too much on the gear mechanism.

Eddieh93

I just tend to leave mine all winter *GASP* from everyone, as the weather in England over winter is not good so I would be cleaning it every other day and no one has time for that.

I will give it a massive clean when Spring arrives, my favourite time of year the anticipation for what probably will be a shitty English summer.

Bring on the sun not long now!

Ralph

Out today for about 3 hours, did about 40 miles and filled the tank, 74 UK MPG about 61 US MPG
cold but no rail with damp roads, bike started first tuck after about 4/5 weeks in a cold garage,
the 07 never fails to impress after you have not ridden for a wile.

Simoncrp

I'm still only managing 52 mpg with inner London commuting. The bike's now done 640 miles and riding it through all weather conditions.

Ralph

I ride mostly in the countryside nearest traffic lights to me are 6 miles away and in one direction there are
no lights or fuel stations for over 30 miles so that's why my MPG is good yours will get a bit better as miles
mount but mostly it will be were you ride, mines up to 9000 miles now so well run in,

DJP

Out today for about 3 hours, did about 40 miles and filled the tank, 74 UK MPG about 61 US MPG
cold but no rail with damp roads, bike started first tuck after about 4/5 weeks in a cold garage,
the 07 never fails to impress after you have not ridden for a wile.
I'm still only managing 52 mpg with inner London commuting. The bike's now done 640 miles and riding it through all weather conditions.
I've done 9,000 miles and mainly commute in London.

My worst mpg so far, over a tank-full, has been 54mpg.

My best (taking it easy on a run) has been 68mpg.

Ralph

If your going off the trip computer they all seem to read low so do
a full to full check ans work out your real MPG. Mine is usually about
3/5 mpg low.

sdrio

Your engine will still be very tight at 640 miles.

At about 2, - 3,000 you'll start getting better figures. Somewhere between 55 - 60, depending on traffic. That's calculated by mileage done, not using the computer.

Simoncrp

I only calculate my fuel consumption from actual full to full tank usage. I don't bother with the trip computer.
I'm looking forward to the figures improving, especially after riding a Honda Vision 110 that was giving me 108 mpg!!

bobh

Went out on mine today, for the first time in a month or so. Mostly dry-ish roads but much colder than it looked - the dashboard thermometer said 8 deg, but I think it was being rather optimistic! Despite having the Puig "touring" screen on the MT-07 I miss the wind protection compared to the Fazer with its MRA, most noticeable when it's a bit parky (and breezy) like today. On the other hand, the MT is so light to throw around the twisty lanes.

Did about 90 miles of mixed going (country roads to dual carriageways), and filled up near the end - took 11 litres exactly for 166 miles, which pretty much tallies with the 65 mpg that the onboard widget says I've done since I got it.

sdrio

Went out on mine today, for the first time in a month or so. Mostly dry-ish roads but much colder than it looked - the dashboard thermometer said 8 deg, but I think it was being rather optimistic! Despite having the Puig "touring" screen on the MT-07 I miss the wind protection compared to the Fazer with its MRA, most noticeable when it's a bit parky (and breezy) like today. On the other hand, the MT is so light to throw around the twisty lanes.

Did about 90 miles of mixed going (country roads to dual carriageways), and filled up near the end - took 11 litres exactly for 166 miles, which pretty much tallies with the 65 mpg that the onboard widget says I've done since I got it.
I sometimes miss a fairing.

I just missed out on buying a rather tatty 1985 GPZ900r on Ebay yesterday, beaten by 50 quid.