Are they any good?

D

Deleted member 20

Don't know which hugger is the longest, £97 PowerBronze or £27 Pyramid Plastics, looks pretty much the same to me.
Any of them + stock tail section (no tail-tidy) + front £17 Pyramid Plastics Fenda Extenda is probably the most effective and also cheapest (total £44) way to keeping you self-tidy.

For even better protection, add some Givi V35 panniers and a Givi B37 topbox. The underside of the box plate will take loads of crap.

spencer

I have the pyramid plastic extender works great in light rain but it doesn't cover the side of the the tier which is where i think most of the water is coming from.
20150901_115642.jpg

D

Deleted member 20

Got ya. The Pyramid one sure looks narrow and the PB wider. Don't have any personal experience from either so I rest my case.

Noggie

I would say a hugger is nothing but an aesthetic mod. it is in the completely wrong place to get ant of the spray.
If you have the original tail/plate holder that will get most of the spray, if you have a tail tidy, you will get a wet and dirty back, even my helmet is hit by the spray.
If you want to get the spray that hits your back, you have to do like Anders say and get a box or something, or get a "mudflap" under your license plate.

spencer

Its the water that comes off both sides of the tyre I am really trying to stop as you can see from the pic water from the tyre. hits the pyramid hugger and flicks it out of both sides strait on to lets.

Noggie

I try to avoid driving in rain, when I have to I use a rain suit on top of my leather, works well, I don't get wet.
Took my bike In for its first service today in the rain and no issues, except my back was quite wet.
Just checked my rain suit now, and the back is dirty, but the legs are clean, so I guess I don't have your problem.

I have the ermax rear hugger on my bike.

image.jpg

nobull

My answer is to be a fair weather biker! Got the hugger extender & I agree its too narrow, but cheap & looks good. The bike is the worst I've ever owned to clean, a total bitch, for this reason I don't ride it in the rain anymore!!

Yaminator

Just let all the dirt build up over winter to build a barrier for protection, then wash it all off in the spring... ;) The reason i say that is thats what ive known others to do... lol

Last edited: