Anyone tall riding the MT/FZ 07 ?

kiriakos

Hello i am 6 ft 1,3 inch ( 1.87 m) tall and i am thinking of buying the MT/FZ 07. Anyone who's that size or taller bought that bike? and if yes could he please share
his experience about handling, seat comfort things like that.
I sat on the bike the other day and took some fotos. Do you think it fits me or i look funny. I couldn't test drive it so, i am not so sure about buying it.
thnx a lot!!! Cheers!!!

WP_20140415_010.jpg

WP_20140415_011.jpg

WP_20140415_012.jpg

badger27

It's more does the bike feel like it fits you . Once you get to 70mph you will be hunched over the bars grinning. Take it for a spin before you decide

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

badger27

Handling is great nimble and light. I'm 6.2'' and think it's an amazing ride with buckets of grunt

kiriakos

It's more does the bike feel like it fits you . Once you get to 70mph you will be hunched over the bars grinning. Take it for a spin before you decide

The nearest test drive is 800 klmeters from where i live, thats why i cant decide, and i am asking people that already bought it,
Top speed of the bike? And cruising speed without taking serious hits from the air?
Although you are tall , you seem to love the bike.

P

Peter

Don't care about the test drive. I've ordered my bike without seeing at all. You won't be disappointed.
BTW who cares about the top speed of a naked bike?
My comfortable cruising speed is around 100 km/h and I can enjoy it. I had a faired bike before and I was much faster on that bike.

PS: I'm over 44 yo with children, so I don't want to be the fastest rider on the world. You may have different options.

blueglue

1858.jpg

6'2 TALL AROUND 100KG OR 15.5 STONE.
The bike rides great and not much of a problem upto 70 mph but when you have a head wind you feel like you have to hold on pretty tight. I noticed my bum hurts after about 1 hour but i noticed this is getting better the more miles i put on. I think my hips werent used to the seating position to start off with.

D

Deleted member 20

I'am 194 cm (6'4) and 82 kg. I have replaced the stock handlebar for a lower/less sweep/wider "Renthal Ultra Low 22mm", costs £30 on eBay. I will also rebuild the stock seat, throw in an 5/8" thick ULTRAGEL VISCOELASTIC seat pad (£30 on eBay), making a plusher and 1" higher seat. Fitting, shaping and new cover will all be done by local professional saddle shop.

kiriakos

So you would describe the bike as comfortable in general (total comfort may need some modifications), for tall people? I am getting a lot of positive feedback so i may buy it after all :)
I really like the bike. More comfortable is mt07 or mt09 ? Comparing the size of the bikes (mt07 , mt09) are they same ? I think mt 09 is 7cm wider and 4,5cm taller overall.

Last edited:

allyw71

If I were you, I would travel the 800km for the test ride. It may cost you €100, but if you buy a bike that your not happy with it will cost you a lot more. It may also give you the chance to test the 07 and 09 back to back. What ever you decide good luck :cool:

P.S. you don't look cramped in the photo

timo

Hi i am 6ft 1in no problem for me. If you feel happy when sat on bike go for it. Does it really matter what you look like. I have had over 20 bikes big and small and the mt feels the best i have had.

kiriakos

agg

Hi i am 6ft 1in no problem for me. If you feel happy when sat on bike go for it. Does it really matter what you look like. I have had over 20 bikes big and small and the mt feels the best i have had.
I think it looks smaller in the fotos than in real life. I ask if it fits me, cause i dont want to look like i am riding a mini moto, but it seems that many taller people than me bought the bike and are very happy about it. Ill definately go and sit on it again, and maybe ill leave riding it :) . Thnx for replies, any more opinions are welcome cheers !!!

kiriakos

Damn DILEMA, Ill take one of them in May. Help me decide :) (Matt grey is my favorite color, for both of them) . I find mt07 a bit more attractive (appearance and price) but mt09 is also stuck in my head (awesome performance and cool looks). Damn you Yamaha :)

kuriakos mtab.jpg

Last edited:

kiriakos

Havent you heard of the economic crisis in greece? :p

There can be only one....Decisions decisions.

...I talked to the dealer and MT09 costs 7.790 euros with taxes and license plates and MT07 costs 5.500 euros with taxes and plates. Both non ABS, Mat Grey.

Decisions decisions...

timo

I had same problem i think 07 looks better than 09. I px my triumph speed triple 955i and dont miss the extra cc. Good luck in choosing.

Rouqui

the key thing is the knee angle, see cycle-ergo.com, you can put your height in and it shows knee and hip angles for any bike you choose. I would have thought that a trail bike or supermotard would suit your size better, somethink like the xt660. The MT07 engine is so good, Yamaha might make a bike like the Triumph Tiger 800 which would fit you better.

sdrio

I'm 6', and I can get both feet flat on the floor at the lights.

[edit] ref seat comfort, not happy with it so far. Have done a couple of 45 min commutes, and I find it really uncomfortable. Sitting back a bit helps, but you very quickly slide forward against the tank.

I used to have the same problem with the MT03, which has a slightly softer seat. I got a sheepskin cover for it which attaches with elastic hooks, which helped. Will get one for the MT made this weekend and report back.

Yamaha do a comfort seat, I believe. I'm not going to get one until I read someone elses experiences with it though.

Last edited:

badger27

I'm 6.2 have no problems with Leg position or long rides my main reason for having one was it fit me so well ..