Anyone have Evotech frame sliders?

Noggie

I was thinking of getting these, but I would like to know the diameter of them.

I wanted to know if I can put a gopro roll bar mount on them, I know the mount can handle 1.4" to 2.5" (3.5cm to 6.35cm) diameter tubing.
Just wanted to know if the Evotech was within that size before I buy.

robodene

I have the Evotech frame sliders (for the avoidance of doubt these are the barrels that fit to the end of the open tube engine mount). Mine are 6cm. Exactly, according my caliper measurement.

Noggie

I have the Evotech frame sliders (for the avoidance of doubt these are the barrels that fit to the end of the open tube engine mount). Mine are 6cm. Exactly, according my caliper measurement.
Thanks, that means I should be able to attach my GoPro on them.

eBay next :)

Eddieh93

No I haven't but I will give it a go, I was going to put a track over it but decided against it.

I will give it ago and put a video up at some point.

Noggie

Sounds good Eddie.
I will get on eBay and order the sliders and the GoPro roll bar mount.
I have plenty of time as I doubt I will be doing any riding before April.

I don't want to have the camera on my helmet, so I am looking into different mounting places on the bike. Might get a chest mount.

Eddieh93

The chest mounts are good however if your riding a bit harder and are leaning forward a bit you tend to end up filming the speedo/bars/tank and not the road.

Ye give it a go and let us know the outcome. I still have the stock exhaust so I doubt that you would get any better noise really where the camera is positioned.

Noggie

The chest mounts are good however if your riding a bit harder and are leaning forward a bit you tend to end up filming the speedo/bars/tank and not the road.

Ye give it a go and let us know the outcome. I still have the stock exhaust so I doubt that you would get any better noise really where the camera is positioned.
I have the akra, but it sounds pretty much like yours on that sound, just the ticking of the valves.
I thought that since the exhaust is on the other side it might sound better.

Been thinking about mounting the camera on the swing arm, or on the pillion pegs.
I'm a bit concerned about having it on my helmet in case of an accident.

Eddieh93

Having said that though Noggie, if its on your pillion peg and the bike goes down that side that's the camera f****d, if your in a collision (touch wood you're not) then I think the camera is doomed no matter where you mount it.

But let me know where you do decide to mount it I did make a thread not too long ago about peoples ideas on where to mount it but most people said helmet of chest.........HELPFUL!

Noggie

Having said that though Noggie, if its on your pillion peg and the bike goes down that side that's the camera f****d, if your in a collision (touch wood you're not) then I think the camera is doomed no matter where you mount it.

But let me know where you do decide to mount it I did make a thread not too long ago about peoples ideas on where to mount it but most people said helmet of chest.........HELPFUL!
Im more concerned about the camera comprimizing my helmet, swing in thought the visor, or getting caught on something making my head/neck do some undesirable movement. In case of a slide or crash. Hate for the camera to be my undoing...... So I'd prefer to have it on the bike to be honest.

Eddieh93

I didn't think of that to be honest. it does say not to stick anything to the helmets or do anything adverse to them.

Might be a bit more careful in the future in camera placement.

Noggie

I a wear construction hard hat when at work, I don't know how many times my sound dampening ear muffs have got caught on things as I walk past, creep under or through stuff resulting in my head to stop while my body continue to move.
So I would want my helmet to be as smooth as possible.

Hopefully the camera would just snap off, but I'm not I willing to take the chance.

Eddieh93

Really robodene!! He really f****d himself up as well, I might have to rethink the helmet mount then, it just gives the best view for videos in my opinion.

Noggie

Michael Schumacher's injuries have been thought to be caused by a helmet mounted camera.
True, though he was wearing a ski helmet, not a motorcycle helmet, but the forces at play in a motorcycle crash is probably going to be higher, so you never know.

It does provide good video, so I guess it's up to oneself if one wants to risk it.
I'm not sure I will take the chance even if the risk is probably minimal.

Noggie

ok, so the evotech sliders arrived.

However the instructions does not include the torque of the bolts, just refers to manufacturers torque spec.
Anyone know what that happen to be?

Edit:
I first searched a bit online and the number 40 came up a few places, but both in ft lbs and NM, which are two very different things.

40ft.lbs is 54nm, so if I do it up with 40nm, it may be too little, and 40ft lbs may be too much.

Some more searching and I found the service manual online, there is specifies 55nm/40ft lbs for those bolts.

Time to buy a torque wrench then :)

Last edited: