anyone fitted genuine Yamaha LED blinkers?

spoonflames

I tried to install these at the front of the bike. I found that the bolts are quite long and won't fit as they hit some plastic shielding at the back of the headlight unit?
What has anyone else done? sawed the bolts? or removed some of the plastic inside the unit?

Thanks!

loneranger

I've fitted these to front and back but don't recall any issues with bolts? you got any pictures ? The only issue i had was the resistors. I fitted to a set to the front and then the back. In the end i removed the front resistors as they caused issues when hazards were activated. If you are fitting both front and back, just fir the resistors tot he back circuit.

spoonflames

Hey thanks for the reply. I figured it out. I had the spacers all wrong. They fit now.

The connection on these is not the same as the connectors on the bike. Presumably i need to chop the bike end connectors off and solder on the ones supplied?

Sorry. Its just the instructions are... well... virtually non existant

spoonflames

Soldered and now working :)
Interestingly i was only doing the front ones today and i did need to use the load resistors as the flashing was too quick. Does it mean i wont need to use them on the back?

loneranger

yeah you will need 1 set of resistors only. If you do the back you probably better fitting them there as they go nicely in back seat. You probably had same issue as me fitting in the front behind the headlight........ not enough room. Connectors need chopping and refitting with joiners i bought from halyards

spoonflames

Ah makes sense thanks. I managed to get them in the front with difficulty as the space is tight. I'll swap to the back when doing the back as a tidyup.

So with the back do i need to remove brackets and things under my pillion seat? And disassemble the tailtidy? Looked like a lot of work...

aussiebryce

Error

Hi guys, I have a quick question, I tried to install these blinkers on the front, I started with the right front side blinker, cut and stripped the existing wires, and hooked it up to the LED with the resistor attached,
Tested the blinkers and it worked fine, after electrical taping over the crimp fittings, I tried again and NO blinkers what so ever work now..
ive checked fuses but im not sure where to find the relay or what the problem might be... any info would be helpful thanks!!
im currently blinkeless, but headlights/parker/highbeams all work fine.

balki

Hi guys, I have a quick question, I tried to install these blinkers on the front, I started with the right front side blinker, cut and stripped the existing wires, and hooked it up to the LED with the resistor attached,
Tested the blinkers and it worked fine, after electrical taping over the crimp fittings, I tried again and NO blinkers what so ever work now..
ive checked fuses but im not sure where to find the relay or what the problem might be... any info would be helpful thanks!!
im currently blinkeless, but headlights/parker/highbeams all work fine.
most likley thing will be a wire came loose when you wrapped with tape