After a summer

badger27

So the nights are drawing in its getting colder and I have 2000 miles on the clock. What have I leant? The Mt is a bike of two personas the first is a will mannered commuter that is light and sure footed. The second is a loony wheelie machine that loves twisties and eggs you on to the ton mark. Build quality is for the most part good and dealership backing(cmc chesterfield) very good .niggles might be the rear shock is to springy . Brakes good .i have no complaints about the seat and have done a good few 150 mile plus rides fuel is good the computer says 60 to the gallon . I like to wind her on .

Now we've all had a bit of time living with them what's your story lets hear about what makes the Mt the matter of torque

Badger

hahapik

Sdrio, by this time, everybody knows that your bike sucks...

Mine is perfect, I'm in love. I would not change it for anything else. I have 2800 km on the clock, still discovering it and being surprised everyday.

Cheers.

sdrio

Sdrio, by this time, everybody knows that your bike sucks...

Mine is perfect, I'm in love. I would not change it for anything else. I have 2800 km on the clock, still discovering it and being surprised everyday.

Cheers.
So should I stop posting?

hahapik

So should I stop posting?
Nope, not at all. My point was just to say, that when I see that there's a reply in a thread, and you posted something, I know I'm going to read about stalling.

If you could do a bit of an effort and write something nice and positive, it would be great. Everybody active on this forum knows about your problem, and I think that I may write in the name of the others, that we are all TRUTHFULLY SORRY about your problems with your MT :(

I still hope you have some pleasure riding this bike and that a solution will be found before you get totally fed up.

Cheers man, no harm intended ++

jeppebm

Has it had its first service? - Mine has stalled while rolling 2 times - but ive prevented it by upping the revs just before releasing the clutch - so if thats whats needed - the dealer is right about it being driver error :).

Nuggets

I swapped bikes with my mate who has SV650F for a comparison on Sunday (only other "big" bikes I've ridden are xj6 and MT-09) hands down for me the best thing about my MT is the low down surge of torque you get when you roll on and give it beans, top speeds don't really interest me, being able to power through corners and punch through traffic does. I have the unmolestered akropovic and it's as good a soundtrack as any, I've also put 2000 miles on in 2 months -I can't get enough of it, the 65 mile commute to work is a pleasure, I actually enjoy the miles of tailbacks on the A1 and relish taking the twisty back roads to Milton Keynes.

I had it stall unexplained once at 200 miles on a hot day, all other stalls my fault for usually not giving enough revs before pulling away, the engine whilst very torquey does in my opinion need a few revs to get going but it's easy to forget this and think the bike will pull away almost on idle (in my case the cause of a few stalls).

da1kini

I swapped bikes with my mate who has SV650F for a comparison on Sunday (only other "big" bikes I've ridden are xj6 and MT-09) hands down for me the best thing about my MT is the low down surge of torque you get when you roll on and give it beans, top speeds don't really interest me, being able to power through corners and punch through traffic does. I have the unmolestered akropovic and it's as good a soundtrack as any, I've also put 2000 miles on in 2 months -I can't get enough of it, the 65 mile commute to work is a pleasure, I actually enjoy the miles of tailbacks on the A1 and relish taking the twisty back roads to Milton Keynes.

I had it stall unexplained once at 200 miles on a hot day, all other stalls my fault for usually not giving enough revs before pulling away, the engine whilst very torquey does in my opinion need a few revs to get going but it's easy to forget this and think the bike will pull away almost on idle (in my case the cause of a few stalls).
I have read a lot of stalling issues and I tried several time to just pull away from idle by sonly releasing the clutch, not using any gas at all and it works every time.