Acerbis X-tarmac Hand Gaurds

gbium

They do look the business. I've got a set of these I plan to fit - when my bike turns up.

Was it the fitting kit that slides inside the bar that you used? And are there any internals to remove first?

Mushymi5

They do look the business. I've got a set of these I plan to fit - when my bike turns up.

Was it the fitting kit that slides inside the bar that you used? And are there any internals to remove first?
Thanks, yes, smaller thread base unit and the maximum spacer for the hand grips, fits in minutes, longer to wire into the side light!

The current unit, in the end of the bars needs a big hex, but comes out very easy once loose.

gbium

Thanks, yes, smaller thread base unit and the maximum spacer for the hand grips, fits in minutes, longer to wire into the side light!

The current unit, in the end of the bars needs a big hex, but comes out very easy once loose.
Cheers, I'm not sure whether I'll connect the lights to start with - I'm a bit hesitant to mess with the electrics...

Mushymi5

Cheers, I'm not sure whether I'll connect the lights to start with - I'm a bit hesitant to mess with the electrics...
Behind the head lamp is a connector for the side bulb, I fed the wires from the guards, through the same route as the others, made them together, then just used a splice connector onto the wires for the side light, sprayed it it with acf50, to stop moisture and corrosion in the future and then insulate taped it all up, put the headlight back job done.

Mushymi5

If anybody got a set of these, the light in the right hand has failed already!

Acerbis have just come back to advise, they have identified an issue with the light and have re-engineered them and sent me a new set in the post, lets see if they are brighter.