Abus brake padlock holder with removal alarm

msesma

I recently bought a Abus Sledg 77 padlock along with a specific holder for carriing it. But I was afraid of not remember to removal the padlock and going ground :(
With the padlock came an spiral cable for attaching it from the padlock to the handlebar, but it seemed very inconvenient so I decided to pun an alarm in the padlock holder so if I turn the key on without being the padlock in holder an strong "piiii" will sound.

It only needed a small prototype printed circuit, a piezoelectric buzzer rated 12V and a limit switch. I have used the auxiliary DC connector (changing the connector for an AMP waterproof one) for getting the current for the alarm.

See the images for details.
IMG_20160416_115757.jpg
IMG_20160416_122823.jpg
IMG_20160416_122802.jpg

Last edited:

addy

With the padlock came an spiral cable for attaching it from the padlock to the handlebar, but it seemed very inconvenient so I decided to pun an alarm in the padlock holder
lol,

It seems a lot more work to do this than remembering to use the reminder cable, I have the alarmed version of this so if I forget the alarm goes off as soon as I sit on the bike.