Abba stand

Paul_R1

Spoke with abba today, they have been made just away at the moment being plated. He also said they will advise not to pop off the plastic bungs as there is a small grub screw holding them in "just unscrew and replace when needed"

TJ63

No there isn't! He must be thinking about another bike.

There are just built-in clips top and bottom plus very strong double sided tape holding the black covers on.

However, you're best off taking the entire aluminium side covers off as the stand adapters won't fit through the hole. Well, the left side may just squeeze in, but the right side definitely won't go. Two minutes with a 5mm Allen key.

Ordered my stand last Thursday afternoon and it arrived first thing this morning.

Last edited:

vazza72

No there isn't! He must be thinking about another bike.

There are just built-in clips top and bottom plus very strong double sided tape holding the black covers on.

However, you're best off taking the entire aluminium side covers off as the stand adapters won't fit through the hole. Well, the left side may just squeeze in, but the right side definitely won't go. Two minutes with a 5mm Allen key.

Ordered my stand last Thursday afternoon and it arrived first thing this morning.
I can second that as mine arrived today too. I did take out the black covers to experiment and only the left side adaptor will fit! As TJ said its really easy just to take the aluminium covers off. The stand (with the front end lift arm to lift bike completely off the ground) is perfect for everything too - cleaning, chain lube & adjustment and general maintenance. Unlike using 1 or even 2, fiddly paddock stands :)