Abba stand

iPath80

Paddock stand question

Hi everyone! I went from an GSF650 with a centerstand as standard and now im looking for paddock stand for simple maintenance like cleaning the chain and so on. But when im look at my bike i see there is no holes to put the bobbins? I´ve seen one solutions where you can put in through like this
Yamaha MT-07 '14- Spindle Sliders SS0042BK

but i would prefer another solutions. Anyone else who has the same issues or have a smart solution:confused:

Sorry if my english isnt the best :rolleyes:

//iPath80

xt660isgood2

Slacken off the rear axel nut when on the ground. Find a piece of wood of suitable length. Pull bike forwards from the left hand side(on side stand) and prop up with
piece of wood under right hand side brake lever (sounds scarey, but you only need to be 1 mm above the ground for wheel to move)
I've been doing this for years on previous bikes but was a bit reluctant to do it on my new mt. Also have a jack modified to lift my xt both wheels off the ground which works
well, But the exhaust is in the way on the mt to make it easy to change.
Floppy chain today 250 miles done. do I spend a fortune on rear bobbins and paddock stand etc? (nearly did, coz planning on keeping bike long time)
Spoke to main man in yam dealer who tightened the chain. "how did you get the back wheel off the ground then?" answer...." pull it over and put a bit of wood under the brake" lol
How much does a paddock stand and bobbins cost? Needed when replacing a tyre true. But prob cheaper to give it to the dealer?

So any tips or solutions anyone? :confused: :)

Best regards iPath80[/QUOTE]

Phil_B

For me a basic rear paddock stand with rubber cups, 20 quid or so... and plenty easy adjusting, cleaning and lubing the chain. It doesn't have to be a massive investment and the bike is so light!

allyw71

Or get an Abba stand, they do cost a bit of money money money though, but you can get both wheels off the ground which is super trooper;)

Last edited:

TJ63

I might do that when they bring out an adapter kit for the 07. At the moment, they haven't even got the MT-09 one listed, so not holding my breath.

allyw71

The more people contact them asking for them, the higher the chance they will make them.

SO GET PESTERING :D

Phil_B

I have pestered them :-D

That, plus the fact that my paddock stand was a hand me down fueled my decision.

timo

Good point will ring them tomorrow i have abba stand i cant use. will fit my chain oiler this week.

timo

Phoned abba today asking for stand kit for bike they are waiting for joe public to take bike in to measure up then will make. Any one live near essex to take there bike in chelmsford is a long way from chippenham.

Phil_B

I do indeed, not too far from chelmsford but not massively local. Is there a free stand in it? ;-)

They'd have to mess with the swing arm pivot covers to measure.

timo

It would be worth asking if you dont ask you dont get. Ithink the pivot covers just pop out.

Gaz2212

Pivot covers are stuck in with a double sided tape

Yes they are easy to remove but then the double sided tape is then no good so not that practical to keep removing and replacing. If abba stand was to use these points you would probably leave the covers off

Kevinb111

I emailed ABBA and they replied saying it would be about 3 months before the kit is available. That was about a month ago.

i have a abba superbike stand in my garage if anyone wants it. you'll need a fitting kit for the mt-07 though. its in near perfect condition and was only used when i was racing.
only want about £50 for it and to be collected (rather large). make me an offer

TJ63

It's a pity you're 3 hours away, or I'd have had that and made my own adapters.

Never mind.