Wildcard alternative to the MT07 ?

da1kini

Okay so it's a four cylinder... It's Italian... It's almost certainly going to be unreliable and sound like a box of spanners...

But if you want something exotic...

And for only five grand brand spanking new...

[video=youtube_share;mX34OmpnPcE]http://youtu.be/mX34OmpnPcE[/video]
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xbenelli+t nt+600&_nkw=benelli+tnt+600&_sacat=0

If I wanted something exotic I would by a scottish hairy pig and keep it as a pet. For bikes I tend to rely on looks, power, torque value and quality – which this bike has ...well none of....

cosmikdebriis

Aren't they Chinese these days?
It's getting harder and harder to find a bike that isn't nowadays. The Japs are using more and more Chinese parts in order to keep costs down. One of my reasons for buying an MT was that the engine was (apparently) Jap built (unlike the Honda).

I should come out of the closet here as I already own a Benelli Tornado which, in its day, was a design way ahead of the competition and still a thing of beauty to this day. Goes great but sounds like the proverbial box of spanners and I certainly wouldn't trust it on a run.

Unfortunately I'm no fan of fours so wouldn't even consider the naked Benelli. A twin or a triple might have got me wondering though.

Can't as yet find a road test in a language I can understand.

tw586

European design but built and sold from china, and they are not cheap as well especially hear in Australia

cosmikdebriis

European design but built and sold from china, and they are not cheap as well especially hear in Australia
That leaves you with a question... Which is better (or is that worse) An Italian made Benelli or a Chinese one ;-)

I'm still dubious about Chinese made stuff but am also old enough to remember everyone having the same query over Jap stuff versus the British. and we all know what happened there.

Cheap over here though at five grand. Cheaper than the competition including the MT and with a few more ponies to boot.

I'd like to see one in the flesh and hear if it sounds as rough as my Tornado.

gregjet

How much does the Benni weigh? For me that is the mT's huge advantage over the capacity alternatives with the exception of the KTM 690 Duke. My girlfriend has one of those, so that would to confusing.

D

Deleted member 20

Claimed 208 kg dry / 220 kg wet. That is "only" 40 kg more than MT07 and 10 kg more than Yam XJ6N ABS and the 1290 Super Duke R, both at 210 kg fully wet.
The Benelli has 120 mm front and 123 mm rear travel, I want more than that.
Don't think it has ABS, might be wrong on that one. 15 L tank.

I think the ER-6N was the bike they were looking at when designing this bike.
Benelli 600R

There is also a 600GT version, a 4 cyl copy of the Versys 650. or rather a 600 cc version of the Versys 1000. Still 120 mm travel on a tourer.
Benelli 600GT

Last edited by a moderator: