Tax discs

Mushymi5

too late, i didnt have one on the bike so got it off ebay for £4 delivered, needed it any way, till the change and a dam sight cheaper than Halfords, same one £20!

xt660isgood2

What did the dealer do with the tax disc when you bought it?
Was lucky enough when ordered mine way back in early march (est delivery date early May), that someone else had ordered the same colour but didn't want it late March, so
I had his and he had mine. Due to the last minute thing and the paperwork etc. You are allowed 2 weeks to ride legally with no tax disc displayed.
Anyway...It came with the usual tacky disc holder. But as "Trident" has already saved some cash, I thought I should bring this to the top of the page again.
Come October there's gonna be 1000's of tax disc holders going in said bin. Look in the shops and online and they are still on sale with no warning of there demise.
Was chatting to an old brit bike friend of mine the other day and he said that they will still use them......ok I replied but did they have carbon fibre in the 50's? so the only
one's saleable will be the authentic ones they used then

Lexington Stanway

I look forward to the massive reduction in printing, distribution and policing costs being rebated in my income tax. I might go through a few old episodes of Only Fools and Horses to get my Del-Boy Hand rubbing action perfected in anticipation. Or do you think they'll use it to abolish parking costs at Hospitals? Oh I bet they are going to increase rubbish collections to the point where my fridge is not full of rubbish because if I put it in the bin more than once per fortnight I can be sent to guantanimo bay. I can't wait to see what they come up with. Good times ahead in any case.

allyw71

I'm afraid the cost will go up to cover the extra time it takes for a parking attendant to establish whether or not its taxed.

xt660isgood2

I'm sure many here are aware. But to the few who are not. Don't go shedding out 20 quid on your carbon tax disc holder, because from 1st Oct 2014 you wont need one.
Don't know if the link below will work but just google "tax disc 2014"

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/264624/3._Vehicle_excise_duty_-_administrative_changes.pdf
Apols in advance for being boring. But It is really annoying me that this isn't "more in the press" ok just thought about it.....cars don't need 20 quid tax disc holders.
Anyway if bringing this to the top again will save just one person a few quid, it's a result

xt660isgood2

Apols in advance for being boring. But It is really annoying me that this isn't "more in the press" ok just thought about it.....cars don't need 20 quid tax disc holders.
Anyway if bringing this to the top again will save just one person a few quid, it's a result
And again:)

Irksome

I took mine off two months ago after my tax disc got nicked ... No point in replacing the tax disc so I removed the holder.