Starting to brick it

badger27

Ok so I've ordered my new shiny
Mod2 suddenly is looming and the butteries are starting any advice guys I want this so much it hurts to think of failing a second time
Badger the nervous one

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Phil_B

Well, as someone who failed my first mod one on a silly mistake despite doing it fine in practice, and hated the pressure of the tests... Firstly, it's normal. Lots of people feel that pressure. If I had to retake them tomorrow I'd feel the same. I would say you have passed the hard one, or the one that's easiest to fail already!

So just ride it as best you can. Take your time, remember the observation/mirror/signal/look/position routine or however you were taught it. And only ride to whats realistically in front of you... don't worry about dual carriageways if you're in town and a 20 limit! Keep yourself and your attention in the moment. Take your time, don't rush, and you'll be fine.

I passed mine in pissing october rain when the examiners radios were broken so we had to keep stopping to give instructions in batches of 3... I was concentrating so hard on riding properly I completed buggered up the directions from about half way through... he had to beep me and shove his indicator on at one point as I wasn't going to pull over where he thought I should.

Utterly embarrasing and I thought I'd failed, but I did every turn and roundabout by the book, observed, waited as some pretty silly stuff happened in front of me on a roundabout.

MOST importantly, and I think this helped me pass... I spotted that his pannier had fallen open in the first 500 yards so told him at the first stop; so he knew I was looking in my mirrors properly.

Oh, and if you fuck everything up, just say "sorry I must have misheard you". :D

Last edited:

Anthony

You will be fine. I passed my Mod 1 first time but failed my Mod 2, Passed on my second try.
If you do make a mistake, Don't let it ruin the rest of your ride. Sometimes a mistake that could be on the edge of a fail, can be saved be a otherwise faultless ride.

Good Luck.

Jon

I passed on my third try! Both fails were just me being too stressed: Like everyone says, relax and you'll be fine. Retaking does get expensive, but just tell yourself "I'm gonna do this. Don't care how many times it takes, its just a matter of time" This helped me 'cause the test felt less make-or-break. And don't tell anyone when you're doing it so you get no pressure from your mates....

cal66

I was really nervous and was in tears felt sick and everything but the best advice I can give u is watch the instructor n if he slows down ur going 2 fast that helps with ur speed limit then I thought sod it took a deep breath n just went for it passed first time gd luck :) :)

badger27

Yay passed mod 2 today big grins. .. bring on the mt... if they ever arrive lol

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

loneranger

treat the instructor as a sat nav voice. When I did mine I talked to myself throughout . Talking through hazards coming up, signalling, switching signal off, lane positioning, etc etc etc. Kept me focused and cool.. Passed with no Faults at all. I had only been reiding for 4 months upto that point. Good luck and don't give up