1. New handlebar - done
2. New brake & clutch levers - done
3. Heat film under stock grips - work in progress
4. Windscreen - work in progress
5. Hand guards - on order
6. New tires - on order

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Thanks! I also have new levers and a tail tidy on order, but first I may have to remove that sticker..:D

How do you find those new handlebars and30ers?

/Mike

D

Deleted member 20

Renthal Ultra Low. Aluminium, comes in 6 different colors, I got em in black.
Already monunted, fits perfect in standard 22 mm clamps/risers, no tank clearance or cable/brake hose lenght issues.
New hand position is about 2 cm lower, 5 cm forward. and 3 cm wider on each side.

Ordered on eBay, £30 for the bars and £15 for delivery.
New Renthal Ultra Low Bar Handlebar Road Sports Universal Handlebars Black | eBay

Note that the picture on the eBay link above seem to show another model, that is NOT the Ultra Low!

Btw, just got my new Pilot Road 4's to replace the stock Battelax BT-023's, for superior grip/cornering/braking in wet conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil_B

Sorry to Hijack this thread. The rim tape looks good mike! To the others, was the sticker difficult to remove (i.e. leaving residue), or did it come off easily?

I've left it for now as no one wants a messy half sticker!

D

Deleted member 20

Sorry to Hijack this thread. The rim tape looks good mike! To the others, was the sticker difficult to remove (i.e. leaving residue), or did it come off easily?
I've left it for now as no one wants a messy half sticker!
Sticker is painful to remove, but a must :)
1. I spent a good 30 min scraping with my nails to remove sticker.
2. Gently rub with soft clean cloth dipped in solvent naphta until all residue was completely gone.
3. Clean with soap and water to remove all naphta.
4. Waxed complete painted "tank" just for fun.

Job done!

busey

Might be a bit late for most stickers and glue come off a lot easier if you gently warm area with a hair dryer or hot air gun but don't get to hot or you will soften paint