New member in Herts Uk

Ellerslie

Hello all,

Just a quick hello from a new member.

I'm collecting my Deep Armour ex demonstrator on Tuesday week. This will be my 3rd road bike (SV650, GSXR 600 and Triumph Speed Triple 1050), although the last one was over 3 years ago.

I've ordered the smoke flyscreen, carbon led indicators and Akra exhaust, the screen and led's are at the dealer waiting to be fitted but they're not too hopeful of the exhaust being there in time for my collection date, oh well.

I've also ordered some R&G spindle bobbins, aero crash bungs and a tail-tidy which i'll fit myself.

In the long term I would like to fit a belly pan and single seat cover, but I want body colour (Deep Armour), which the Yamaha items aren't. I guess I'll have to wait for aftermarket items or repaint the official ones? We'll see.

Anyway, I cannot wait to collect the bike and have been jealously reading about all of yours over the past couple of weeks since my test ride.

I'll post some pictures when I have it and when the exhaust and other bits are fitted.

Chris

Will145

Welcome Chris! I too had an SV650 previously. No comparison in my eyes ;) looking for to seeing pics of your new machine

Ellerslie

Welcome Chris! I too had an SV650 previously. No comparison in my eyes ;) looking for to seeing pics of your new machine
Yeah thanks for the welcome, I'll post the pics as soon as I can.

I loved my SV (T87 DGT), I did 22000 miles in just over two years on it (didn't own a car at the time), including 6 weeks around Spain and France (what a trip). The other bikes I've owned didn't get used nearly as much (probably got old and couldn't face riding in all weathers).

Funnily enough, the reason I love the MT 07 is because it reminds me a bit of the back to basics biking that the SV was all about (still had carbs when injection was becoming the norm etc). I've owned much more expensive and complex machines but never got as much out of them as i did the SV.

Anyway, I can't wait to pick up the MT, I hope I get as as many miles in as on the SV. I am definitely going to do a Eurotrip with some colleagues next year.

Phil_B

Welcome Ellerslie; whereabouts in Herts are you?

I say that as I'm not far over the border in South Cambs, originally from west Essex!

Last edited:
P

Peter

Welcome on the board, Ellerslie.

I'm very curious how do you find the wind protection of the flyscreen. Do not hesitate to post pictures about it.