MT07 R&D Bike

triple trouble

So we've finally got the 07 R&D bike on the Dyno. Carbon akrapovič fitted and the bike flashed. PVC fitted and ready for mapping. Will post updates during testing over the next few weeks. Lots to try out before we release the flash and final map so watch this space.

View attachment 2960

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460566289.029840.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460566312.582887.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460566337.050368.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460566369.084997.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460566406.253927.jpg

Last edited:

triple trouble

Admin/Mods please feel free to edit the thread title for me... Should read R&D but it doesn't like the & very much. Would do it myself but I'm only a mod on the 09 page...

addy

I know you said on the mt07 fb group that the carbon akra loses power mostly in the mid range with baffle out, wonder if the akra titanium is the same. I run it with the baffle modified so the inner pipes are cut all the way down so would be good to see what the difference is with no baffle and full baffle.

Low and mid power is what I'm interested in as most my riding is in the city also the engine braking in 1st and 2nd is excessive so would be nice with that adjusted.

triple trouble

The titanium is completely different. We've done the baffle mod on our 09 test bike and it still pulls like a train.
It performs best with no baffle but many people don't like the noise so either cut the baffle down or get better ear plugs lol.

addy

I love the sound it's just way too loud when I start it up in the morning on a busy residential street. cutting the inner pipes all the way down and drilling two other holes is near enough perfect. Hopefully it doesn't effect performance much.

Also because you were saying Yamaha couldn't tell you reflashed the ecu so it wouldn't effect your warranty I assume that would be the same for insurance, they would have no idea you changed it?

Last edited:
Hi, great to see this :) I've got the same exhaust system, so I'm very interested to see how this unfolds and how much power you make out of it..

On a side note: are the Power Commander maps sendable? e.g. If I get one, will you be able to send the map to me?

triple trouble

I love the sound it's just way too loud when I start it up in the morning on a busy residential street. cutting the inner pipes all the way down and drilling two other holes is near enough perfect. Hopefully it doesn't effect performance much.

Also because you were saying Yamaha couldn't tell you reflashed the ecu so it wouldn't effect your warranty I assume that would be the same for insurance, they would have no idea you changed it?
Yes exactly the same for the insurance company. How are they going to look at a bike and say "yep, that's been flashed"! Lol. That's what makes it so good

triple trouble

Hi, great to see this :) I've got the same exhaust system, so I'm very interested to see how this unfolds and how much power you make out of it..

On a side note: are the Power Commander maps sendable? e.g. If I get one, will you be able to send the map to me?
Nooo... We don't send maps I'm afraid. We only use the power commander to map the bike so it's 100% perfect. Once that's done and the map is flashed to the ecu we get rid of the PCV because it's not needed anymore

Nooo... We don't send maps I'm afraid. We only use the power commander to map the bike so it's 100% perfect. Once that's done and the map is flashed to the ecu we get rid of the PCV because it's not needed anymore
Got it.

Do post an image of the dyno charts once you flash it :) would like to see how much hp/torque you maange to get out of it..

Cheers

triple trouble

Got it.

Do post an image of the dyno charts once you flash it :) would like to see how much hp/torque you maange to get out of it..

Cheers
It's not going to gain masses of hp because it's not that kind of engine but there should be more torque, smoother fuelling. Higher rev limiter. Lower fan temperatures and s few more bits.

triple trouble

So here's the long awaited charts.

1) This is stock bike compared to flashed bike with carbon akra, baffle fitted, k&n, plus new fuel & ignition maps on ecu & o2 optimizer fitted.

2) Flashed bike showing A/F & power & torque at 7000rpm for comparison to other dyno charts.

3) Chart shows gain with K&N filter fitted, worth about 1hp

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: