these numbers are not correct
a good rider can do 0-100 in 4 sec,even 3.90

dazzor

they test the bike before its release?
these numbers are not correct
a good rider can do 0-100 in 4 sec,even 3.90
Interesting and good news then:)

Are you quoting km or miles there?

Any idea what a standing start quarter of mile can be achieved in?

Thanks

Darren

dazzor

Of course it km's....0-100mph in under 4 secs would be litre sports bike territory (and that's going some)

Like your good self, I've had a variety of bikes over the years; in one way or another they all require getting used to and in my opinion some respect.

I'm all about getting from A to B safely whilst trying to have a little fun.....that's what I keep telling myself anyway, ha ha.

Now, go and hunt down an unsuspecting TDM and show them a can whoop-arse :)

da1kini

Hi all,

Found this over on a KTM forum: Link

MT holds up well I think.

No way that stats is accurate....er-6 and gladius out run MT 07....yes if you never go over 5000 rpm on the MT 07..then maybe...just maybe....
The person riding the MT 07 has no clue how to ride a low rev torque bike thats for sure...

dazzor

No way that stats is accurate....er-6 and gladius out run MT 07....yes if you never go over 5000 rpm on the MT 07..then maybe...just maybe....
The person riding the MT 07 has no clue how to ride a low rev torque bike thats for sure...
I guess those stats must be off. Even just looking at the MT's specs on paper it should be blowing the likes of the Gladius away on the quarter mile standing start.

I agree, those stats are bunkum.

Not sure how they could have got it so wrong?

da1kini

I guess those stats must be off. Even just looking at the MT's specs on paper it should be blowing the likes of the Gladius away on the quarter mile standing start.

I agree, those stats are bunkum.

Not sure how they could have got it so wrong?
Seems odd but they must have reved it like Gladius or ER-6 to get those poor stats?

dazzor

its just bs,where did they found a bike to test on february?
Lots of reviews on the 07 were released in Feb, in the UK at least. I'm assuming Yamaha give the first few off the production line to various entities in the media biking world.

I'm remaining ambivalent about these results as it does seem odd at the very least.

As a side note, anyone here actually got any "in the saddle" experience of the other bikes in the list?

da1kini

Lots of reviews on the 07 were released in Feb, in the UK at least. I'm assuming Yamaha give the first few off the production line to various entities in the media biking world.

I'm remaining ambivalent about these results as it does seem odd at the very least.

As a side note, anyone here actually got any "in the saddle" experience of the other bikes in the list?
I took my license on a gladius and my friend has an ER-6. Both those bikes have "no match" against MT 07 in 0-60 Mph or 0-100 Km/h
They also have a more plastic feel and less braking power. For the Gladius I am sure cause you do a lot of acceleration and braking during your way to a driving license here in Sweden. For the ER-6 my friend tried both the MT 07 and owned the ER-6 for a few years - and he thinks the stats are BS after riding my MT 07. And that was after the first run before break in. Now after run in he knows for sure...

Would like to a see a video of someone actually good at riding low rev torqued bikes try the MT 07 for real. A big difference in when you change from 1st to 2nd and after 2nd you don't change more before 100 km/h (60MPH) if ur riding the MT 07 but you have to change more early than on 4 cylinder bike.

Im gonna try and upload a try from 0-60 mph or 0-100 km/h. And Im no expert rider but I know I can do it under 5 sek easy. then under 4.5 or even 4 for a professional rider should not be a problem.

Phil_B

It seemed fair enough to me. The stat that represented why I'm sure a lot of us bought an MT? In 3rd gear acceleration is waaay better than some of the others.

Kanonnier

I have no experience with any of the other bikes in that comparison, but it does seem like BS to me. The MT is a hell of a bike. I caught myself wheelying (How do you spell that) away from a traffic light earlier and I wasn't even trying!
I'm still breaking her in, but will also do a couple of these tests myself when I get a chance.

The KTM dealer is right next door to the Yamaha dealer I bought from, I'll go and challenge them to a duel when I pick her up from first service. (Does anybody have white gloves I can borrow?)