MC apps - which do you use?

jeppebm

I really wanna keep track of journeys and data collected on the road. Speeds, average speed, miles or km driven, lean angle and so on. Ive tried Pirellis diablo app but i doesnt have the MT07 in its list and doesnt tell your before a ride that it cannot fins gps signal, this i found out after several rides and it just said "npt enough gps data" and so i didnt have any info on the entire trip. Waze app is fun - semi informative but doesnt offer the tracking option. My tracks DOES track but no gps. Im looking for one app to do both.

Any fun app for mc owners is also welcome.

hahapik

I had the same problem. But I don't need the information about lean angle, I'm not convinced about the accuracy of those. So, after trying a lot of MC apps, like Pirelli and others, I decided to use my good old friend Endomondo.

I use it only for running, but track a lot. It's accurate, always works. But my problem was, to retrieve the maps and to choose a "sport" category adequate to moto trips. I chose horse riding ^^.

Two options to retrieve data, after tracking. Or you export the data in *xlm file from Endomondo (just un-check the "include into statistics" option :p), or you go to Google history and there you will have the map of you movements.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers.

jeppebm

in Google history i can only see addresses that i searched for.. not the route. I contacted EatsleepRIDE - and they have offered my to participate in their testing of their app for android! Yay!

jeppebm

i know :D - "You have no location history for xx date"

Is that only a possibility if i have my GPS activated at ALL time?

i even used gps via Google Maps yesterday - thats not even on there.

hahapik

Hmmm, maybe you switched it off. Mine is tracking, even with GPS switched off, basing on GSM cell towers.

Something like that without GPS:

But if you'll be a beta version Eatsleepride user, you'll not need it at all ^^

Last edited:

jeppebm

I have all the location infos winged ON - still no info. But i went back to when i had the Galaxy S5 - (more power than my current old and torn S3) - no placement data from that aswell.

No you're right :D - i hope to get a link or something - if i can share it, would you like to try it also?

KristianJeppe

I am using diablo super biker, has lean angle although not so precise, route on Google maps, avg speed and so on.
Works as its supposed to.

jeppebm

I need an app where i can plan a route on the website and then have the APP on the phone give me directions when i drive it :).

Tourstart.org and its app does that - but it costs 99 danish croner for a year. Does anyone know of something that does this for free?

hahapik

I need an app where i can plan a route on the website and then have the APP on the phone give me directions when i drive it :).

Tourstart.org and its app does that - but it costs 99 danish croner for a year. Does anyone know of something that does this for free?
Hmmm, Didn't find a good one either. What's up with EatsleepRIDE?

MassMan

It's pretty ironic how we all spend a lot of money on fuel, expensive dinners during mc holidays, expensive modifications to our bikes... But spending a tiny bit of money once per year on a professional GPS app that we will use for countless hours, no way!
Human nature is funny :)

hahapik

It's pretty ironic how we all spend a lot of money on fuel, expensive dinners during mc holidays, expensive modifications to our bikes... But spending a tiny bit of money once per year on a professional GPS app that we will use for countless hours, no way!
Not a problem for me, if I had a credit card. But I don't.

jeppebm

:D i dont thing its that weird. All those things you mention...that we do spend money one is cause it DOESNT come for free anywhere ;) - the apps does. So THEREFORE it would be downright stupid not researching if one app does what i need for free before spending money on the first app i see doing GPS. Simply being a bit smart, first and foremost about the money - that way i can KEEP spending those money on fuel, mods and dinners.