Hello from Spain

goloso_b

Hello, everyone.

I just ordered a red MT-07 with ABS and I'm waiting for registration to collect the bike. The dealer had just received the bike, so no waiting for me!
This bike will replace my Kawasaki Versys, which I bought used and has kept me happy for two and a half years. Happy, that is, until I tested the MT-07.

I had a couple of free days, so I decided to pay a visit to some dealers and maybe test a couple of bikes. The first one was the MT-07, a Matt grey 35kW with no ABS.
I was a blast. I had a huge smile on my face from the moment I sat on it until I took off my helmet and handed back the keys. I was impressed with how agile the bike was. The engine, though restricted, had a lot of grunt with little vibration (compared with other twins). Brakes and suspension where more or less what I expected and well balanced with rest of the bike. Seat comfort for me was horrible, more so on twisty roads, where I tended to go forward to attack the turns. Not so much on the straights, where I could seat back and relax on the wider part on the seat. Nevertheless, this was just a small issue for me. In general, I loved the bike.

The problem came the next day, when I tested a 2014 Triumph Street Triple with ABS. What a bike! A lot more focused, everything was sharper while it still felt natural. Body position was slightly more forward and the pegs just a bit higher, but that just made you feel a bit more in control. Suspension was harder than on the MT-07, but it never felt uncomfortable. And the engine... So powerful, so elastic.
This bike had only one problem: it was too good, and it was better the faster you went. In the short time I had it, I realised it would get me into trouble, with the law and with my limited ability.

For a couple of weeks I debated with myself, but in the end, the Triumph was too serious for me and the Yamaha had just clicked with me. I felt good with the MT-07 and wanted to ride it again and again.

I hope to be able to contribute to this forum in the future, because it has already helped me with my decision to purchase this bike.

Greetings to everyone!
(Will post pics as soon as I get the bike)