Head cams and intercoms

badger27

Just pondering do I buy a helmet cam?
I quite like the idea of Having a record of rides out and maybe posting a few on youtube. Been a fan of Baron von grumpy for some time (look him up if you get chance)
I was wondering if anyone had a cam and uses it. Has anyone posted any of the rides?

Also like the idea of a record of what happens on the road if the worst should happen.

Anyone got any pointers on what to look for when shopping for a cam. (Keep in mind frugal is my middle name)

Next question is on intercoms and Blue tooth's ......
Can they be linked to cams ? Does one stand out from the bunch . Don't plan on carrying a pillion to often but it would be nice to chat as the miles tick by.

Ok so the next round is on me lol .

Sorry if I waffle on .

Chances are I'll start with a cheap can and up grade of I like what I see.

Badger

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

hansolo_uk

hi m8 I just got a drift 1080 hd on ebay for £66 (some going for over £100 which is too much for that cam), awaiting 32gb card. i was looking at sj4000, sdv4, £72-75 uk stocked (no additional customs fees), sony as15 looks good too max £100 again, you want at least 9mp sensor (drift) and 1080p 25/30 fps, sj4000/sdv4 and sony have 12mp sensor, gopros always go over £100 even for the first model, u need to consider how your going to mount ie helmet type might dictate side only, I have an openface caberg with visor so iv took internal sun visor out and im going to mount on top using the sun visors movement slot to clamp one of these in and screw camera on (square bit on inside/underside of slot) Pro 1/4 Inch Dual Nuts Tripod Mount Screw to Flash Camera Hot Shoe Adapter | eBay

Irksome

My concern with these helmet cams is what happens if you have a spill and the camera rotates the helmet or pierces the helmet ... surely its a better idea to fit it to the bike?