ECU flash or remap London area

gelicate

Hi,

Just joined the forum and first post. I'm trying to find somewhere that will flash or remap my ECU as i already have an Akrapovic exhaust fitted and wanted to install the Stage 2 DNA air filter and cover so would need the fuelling sorted. Any recommendations for central London or the surrounding areas greatly appreciated. i have a 2014 MT 07 btw.

Cheers

ps i've read a few posts recommending Seton Tuning in colchester but thats a bit further than i'd like to travel.

Scim77

I can vouch for Seton Racing. Some tuners simply upload a generic map. This will often bring some improvements but no two engines are identical and it is better to have a good tuner carefully tweak the new map to match your engine. This compensates for injector variances, ignition timing, intake air-flow resistance, compression variations and the like.

Tuners tend to start by uploading a programme from either Flash-Tune or ECU Unleashed. They are very similar. But to fully optimise the programme ensure that the tuner of your choice knows how to read the dyno data and has the facilities to modify your ECU based on what he sees from the dyno graphs. Reading the graphs is an acquired art. For example, imagine that we notice a lean mixture showing up at 4200 rpm. A good operative will know that the issue has arisen slightly below 4200 revs, but during the acceleration phase of the dyno, the gas flow through the analyser has lagged slightly behind the digital tacho. So he would not tweak the mixture at 4200 rpm - he would tweak it at 3700 rpm say. And so on. It requires patience and knowledge.

Phil Seton fully understands all this. He uploaded Flash-Tune (just the same as used by 2WheelDynoWorks in America) and then did a dyno run. The graphs were better but not good enough, But at least he had a starting point from which to launch. He then had my ECU on and off four or five times, re-programming it on his desktop computer, until he got it right, observing changes to air/fuel ratio, torque and power.

It has totally transformed the bike. The engine has never stalled since the remap, the jerkiness on throttle opening has gone and, most importantly, it goes like stink! It now has more torque and power throughout the full rev range (see my previous posts). The only downside - it is not quite as frugal, but I can still get 60+mpg even riding quickly. If I had just remapped, without Phil Seton's tweaking, I would not have fully unleashed the performance.

Donut

As Simon at S-Tec said that he only had a generic map I decided initially to book at Seton (near Colchester). However as this is the other side of London to me (I'm near Bracknell) have now booked to visit Dynotech at Bramley.

Won't be there until the end of May but have heard good things about them and they say that they will be able to do a custom reflash and will get them to install my DNA kit at the same time.

Dynotech is the most expensive probably of the 3 but as it's a lot closer and able to customise the map that's the route I've chosen this time.

triple trouble

Dynotech are 20 mins from us. Went there when I first got my MT way back in 2013. Got simon to re-write the map they put on as it wasn't very good. I wish you all the best at Bramley. Let us know how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Duluxdoggy

Hi, i have just had this done to my bike. different exhaust, but stage 2 etc. here are my Dyno charts in case ya wondering the difference.
IMG_20170424_175337.jpgIMG_20170424_175332.jpg

Donut

Dynotech are 20 mins from us. Went there when I first got my MT way back in 2013. Got simon to re-write the map they put on as it wasn't very good. I wish you all the best at Bramley. Let us know how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Went to Dynotech at Bramley yesterday and after a small hiccup had a very good day.

When I got there they told me that they had meant to call me last week to say that the stuff they needed to re-flash the 07 hadn't yet arrived so I was a bit disappointed as you can imagine.

However, they then offered me a Power Commander for the same price as a re-flash due to the mistake. So couldn't refuse that.

Spent around 4 hours setting up the bike and now that it has been set for the baffle out the fueling is also good for baffle in (and only 1 hp down with baffle in if I want to run a bit quieter).

Also tried it with the cat out and although it made a little more power (half an hp) it added to the noise and as fueling was better with it in we put it back in.

So only about 1.5 horsepower gained at peak BUT about 10% gain between approx 4500 and 7500 rpm and now have 70+ bhp between 7200 and 9700.

Have also gained almost 4.5 ft/lb of torque (52.84 ft/lb) with more torque from 4000 to 7700 than previous max (48.45 ft/lb).

Here are the graphs to help explain.

MT07 Dyno 1.jpgMT07 Dyno 2.jpg