About to drop a load on new gear....

Steve

When I first started riding 14 years ago I bought

Arai helmet
Danese Leather jacket
Draggin Jeans
Sidi vertebra's
Set of race leathers

Now i sold it all when i sold my last bike......

I'd like opinions if you have a moment, I'm thinking

Craft Helment in Matt black
Sidi Courior boots (look like MX style)
Textile jacket this time not leather

Thinking Draggin jeans but although my old ones were good I never felt really protected in them
the way I did proper leathers so thinking textile gortex touring style trowsers ?
Has anyone heard how the jeans actually stand up to a proper fall ?

What are most of you wearing ? also bare in mind I'm a fair weather rider ;)

Thanks

Rouqui

Triumph textile zip-together riding suit, very good, knee and elbow protection, waterproof and has narrow silver reflective stripes for nightriding (bought when I was working and flush); Gaerne riding boots, very good (eBay 25 quid, bought when I wasn't working, evidently!); brightly-coloured GSXR Shoei 1100 helmet bought from a sale at the Suzuki dealer in Basingstoke. Summer gloves -Frank Thomas, winter - Weiss. Oui, un petit déjeuner du chien.

Jon

I also went textile - RST Blade is well priced, has CE shoulder, back and knee protectors fitted, zips together. But its a pain to put on in a hurry and sweaty if it gets warm and you are not moving! Sidi Strada boots discounted at the NEC show, Alpinestars GP-Plus summer gloves, also about half price at the show. I went Shoei (fitted my head better than Arai). Very expensive starting from scratch! But some good offers at the shows still.

Like Rouqui, another dogs breakfast of assorted stuff. (BTW Rouqui - I never met anyone else who uses the same expression. My mates say ...you what????!)

Phil_B

Will answer this with some when at home Steve. I like a deal and have paid for full amount for very little of my stuff.

Steve

I've forgotten how expensive it all was !!

I'm deffo going down the textile route just want something nice lookin and good value for money / Quality.

:)

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys much appreciated!!!

PeaceMaker

I have a dainese frazer jacket.. good mix of textile and leather..

very good protection and looks good :)

On the feet I have bought yesterday a pair of alpinestars fastback riding shoes.. looking forward to test them...

Last edited: