which exhaust ?

Michelle333

$_1-1.jpgWhich one is better - the Akrapovic titanium with the mt-07 logo engraved, or the one with the yellow/red akrapovic logo. Are there any differences ? Thanks.
$_1.jpg

Last edited:

addy

They are exactly the same, As far as I am aware the engraved version is only available through dealers.

Noggie

yup, same exhaust. Engraved is OEM supplied by Yamaha dealers.
Sticker is the exact same but sold by regular vendors.

Michelle333

yup, same exhaust. Engraved is OEM supplied by Yamaha dealers.
Sticker is the exact same but sold by regular vendors.
Thank you guys. While I'm at it, the akrapovic carbon has different header pipes, they loop around. Why, and what difference to the titanium ? Thanks

Noggie

The loop is to get the correct length for the back pressure. The titanium one has that taken care of internally, hence why it is covering most of the underside of the bike with a "big flat can". This is to get that short pipe look.
The carbon looks like a conventional pipe sitting along the side of the rear wheel, and the loop is there to get the length correct before the muffler. Removing the loop may cause the engine to run lean and greater risk of damage to the engine.

cisco43

Personally, I like the subtlety of the titanium
I find the older style a bit dated, but that may be as when i last had an Akra can, it was on a Fazer, about 10 years ago

mejson

I went for termignoni :cool: ...i'm veery pleased with it :)
[video=youtube;FQGoMGOulcg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQGoMGOulcg[/video]

Noggie

Personally the one in the middle did not do it for me (mivv?), my personal favourite was the one on the right.
However I am quite happy with my Akra titanium.

Michelle333

Hi
So anybody with an Akrapovic Carbon, make sure you have the bike dyno'd, mine was running lean (15-1) in midrange. Putting power commander on to remap fuel.
Making around 67hp at the wheel which will improve once the power commander goes on.
Cheers

Ralph

I have not heard a exhaust on the 07 that I really like, to me they make
a bike that sounds like a quiet lawnmower sound like a noisy lawnmower,
but there is in the next town a MT-07 with one that really sounds the business,
problem is I have never seen it close up it's always been going fast in the
opposite direction, hopefully I will see it parked up sometime and get a look
at the system, it could be a custom one from a local lad that will make a
system for anything.