What would be the proper screen if I buy the 2016 FZ-07 Matte Silver?

William

:) I like the colors of the 2016 Matte Silver MT-07. I'm thinking of trading my 2007 ER6F for it. About the freeway: I really like riding on the freeways, but I don't do it all of the time, just some of the time, and I don't want to ride over 100 mph because of the strict speeding laws where I live in Canada. So I need a proper screen. I don't like the looks of some of those tall screens. Could I ride up to 100 mph comfortably with the proper screen? What are the best ones for me? This is important to me because if I won't be able to, I don't think I should consider the MT-07. I'm also concerned about high speed in windy conditions on the
MT-07 because it's so light?

Thank you for your comments and answers.

da1kini

:) I like the colors of the 2016 Matte Silver MT-07. I'm thinking of trading my 2007 ER6F for it. About the freeway: I really like riding on the freeways, but I don't do it all of the time, just some of the time, and I don't want to ride over 100 mph because of the strict speeding laws where I live in Canada. So I need a proper screen. I don't like the looks of some of those tall screens. Could I ride up to 100 mph comfortably with the proper screen? What are the best ones for me? This is important to me because if I won't be able to, I don't think I should consider the MT-07. I'm also concerned about high speed in windy conditions on the
MT-07 because it's so light?

Thank you for your comments and answers.
under 100 mph no problem. a bit over and you will feel some wind and thats ok cause you you bought a naked bike and thats what a naked bike should feel like. if you want a smooth ride on high ways you should buy an Gold Wing...This bike is for short rides and speed thrills, and a lot of fun. Not riding on the freeway or commuting,

D

Deleted member 20

My vote would be on the Puig Touring for MT09. It hepls by reducing front wind noice and lift at highway speeds. It's no way near high enough to deflect air over the helmet, no normal screen will. Replacing bars for some lower/forward grip position also helps reducing front lift at speeds, I use Renthal Road Ultra Low.

https://youtu.be/ZXSBEedlGYw

If you want/need more protection than this the naked MT07 might not be for you. Better 2016 bikes might be MT09 Tracer, Versys 650, F800GT or F800GSA, Vstrom 650 etc.

Out of them I'd might go with the Versys, it's pretty good and lowest price. The 2015-16 Versys 650 seem to use exactly the same screen as the 2010-2012 Versys 1000 did, so you can upgrade it to Puig Touring for Versys 1000 if you want. This one is very protective.

Last edited by a moderator: