UK Insurance

CVSensei

I've had my 125 insured with MCE for a year now and am most definitely not taking out cover with them again after some terrible customer service. I was wondering who you guys have insured your MT's with and if you have any recommendations for companies with decent folk behind them? I know that's a lot to ask of insurance companies but there must be some alright ones out there.. Right?

sdrio

Insurance is odd nowadays. You never really know who you're insured by until you get the documents.

One thing to note - the comparison sites can be cheap, but they're shitty service. If you're absolutely sure you've got all the details correct, it's fine, but if you have to make any changes or forget something, they'll charge you for it. They're the Ryan air of insurance.

Chances are though, whatever you choose, you'll end up with a policy from someone else. I seem to always end up covered by Swinton, regardless of who I get my insurance from.

Anthony

I've had my 125 insured with MCE for a year now and am most definitely not taking out cover with them again after some terrible customer service. I was wondering who you guys have insured your MT's with and if you have any recommendations for companies with decent folk behind them? I know that's a lot to ask of insurance companies but there must be some alright ones out there.. Right?
I was with MCE when I swapped from my 125 to the MT, Cost me about £250 for the swap and they extended my policy end date by 6 months at the same time. Which was confusing. When it came to renewal, they quoted around £750
So I'm now with RAC for my insurance, Cost about £250 again.

One thing is that all insurance company's can give terrible customer service. the service I have had through MCE has been great. Ended policy's on other bikes and got refunds. even the change of bike was simple and pleasant.
I had a Yamaha nicked just before a biking holiday to the lakes. I was with someone that used Aviva as the underwriter. That was a unpleasant holiday, after having to take me and the wife on a 125cc scooter to the lake district. Then spend the holiday getting grilled by the insurer.
But that's insurance for you.

nobull

From my experience, avoid Swinton! Paid £80 for 125 policy for my commuter, 2weeks in I chopped it in for my MT - they cancelled policy,& not only didn't refund, but wanted another £50 because2weeks earlier they had matched a cheaper quote to maintain my business, & claimed they were within their rights to demand this £50 discount now be paid!!! I'm not kidding. I pointed out this was more than a little outrageous, ahem, but only when I said "right, we'll see what the financial ombudsman has to say about this, what are all of your names?" did they back down. Never got a penny back though. They even had the audacity to offer me a £50 discount with my next policy - as if I would ever do business with them again!

CVSensei

Well yeah Sdrio it's those bloody money grabbing brokers! Thebikeinsurer.com really helped lower my quotes but MCE is still top of the list..

Anthony, how old are you if you don't mind? 250 quid looks beautifully cheap.. Unfortunately I'm only 20 (as of this morning actually) so my quotes are 600+ fully comp. But I haven't checked RAC, was just wondering if its because you're in a certain bracket or maybe RAC are very reasonable.

Anthony

Well yeah Sdrio it's those bloody money grabbing brokers! Thebikeinsurer.com really helped lower my quotes but MCE is still top of the list..

Anthony, how old are you if you don't mind? 250 quid looks beautifully cheap.. Unfortunately I'm only 20 (as of this morning actually) so my quotes are 600+ fully comp. But I haven't checked RAC, was just wondering if its because you're in a certain bracket or maybe RAC are very reasonable.
I'm 28 with 4 years no claims on this policy.
Just checked back through my emails and the price I paid for TPTT was £141.59

I do live in the middle of nowhere though, And the bike is locked inside. Give it a few more years and you should have some nice cheap bike insurance. I never started riding till I was 24.

KEVINJSTANLEY

insurance quotes

I'm 28 with 4 years no claims on this policy.
Just checked back through my emails and the price I paid for TPTT was £141.59

I do live in the middle of nowhere though, And the bike is locked inside. Give it a few more years and you should have some nice cheap bike insurance. I never started riding till I was 24.

I did a check with Be - wiser and found fully comp for 147 inc protected NCB, leathers and helmet cover, breakdown, phone/wallet cover ...I am 48 tho but did it with 0 NCB, due to NCB on other bike.
there initial quote was much higher but they rang me and matched MCE quote