Trip computer

geot

Another question guys..
When i'm, going with, lets say, fifth or sixth gear when closing the throttle completely the instance fuel meter keeps showing 2.5 l/klm fuel consumption..
I thought it should be 0..
Is this happening to you too?

Last edited:

Ralph

Mines in MPG but when you shut the throttle on the over run after a delay I think it shows 99.9
will have to check but it's icy here so it wont be today, my car does the same well 999999 it's
the computer cant divide by 0 thing.

Viking

Another question guys..
When i'm, going with, lets say, fifth or sixth gear when closing the throlle completely the instance fuel meter keeps showing 2.5 l/klm fuel consumption..
I thought it should be 0..
Is this happening to you too?
I'm not sure, but acording to the manual, the computer will show "--" until you ride faster than 20km/h. I did notice there is a few second delay on this thing, but it doesn't bother me...

geot

Well that is not what i ask..
I'm riding faster than 20km/h and with the throttle closed trip shows 2.5 ltr even after the delay..

Last edited:

Ralph

Just looked at mine and it does go to 99.9 but the engine as to be warmed up
until it gets up to temp it shows other numbers but fully warmed up and after
a delay 99.9 I suppose before it gets hot it runs some fuel to help warm the engine
faster, it does go to --- if the speed drops to low.

geot

Well i mean, if for example you 're going with 80 klm/h or 90 or whatever, and you close the throttle completely..
The instance fuel meter shows 2.5 and does not go to 0 or ---..
So it means even with closed throttle and the engine hot, the injectors keep spraying fuel..
I want to know if that happens with all the MT's..

Ralph

Well i mean, if for example you 're going with 80 klm/h or 90 or whatever, and you close the throttle completely..
The instance fuel meter shows 2.5 and does not go to 0 or ---..
So it means even with closed throttle and the engine hot, the injectors keep spraying fuel..
I want to know if that happens with all the MT's..

Just to clarify, under the above conditions but the engine as to be fully warmed up mine shows 99.9
and that to me means no fuel is being injected,

geot

I noticed that the injectors are spraying gas all the time..
By driving with first gear i closed the throttle fully and i realized that the bike does not stop moving completely, even through an uphill road(i mean few cm tilt) ..
Is that because of the injection type of our bike?
Is that common to all MTs?

Last edited:

Tommeke

I don't really see where your going with this, but all combustion engines keep injecting with the throttle closed for as long as the engine is running ...
So what was the question ?

Gaz2212

I'm confused too, please tell me how an internal combustion engine can possibly run without fuel, surely it will just stop, I understand on immediate shut off it will stop injecting fuel so to burn off uncombusted gases and fuel but to find an engine that runs on no fuel is by far a better achievement than any of us can find.
If you do find this I am sure that if you inform some head Japanese engineer he would pay a lot of money for this invention and it would surely put the likes of esso and shell out of business

Ralph

First of all I think your display is working correctly, the number it is displaying is probably the lowest it can display
that's the way it's programmed so I don't think you have any problem mine shows 99.9 but that is in MPG
your number is not far off that when converted.

What happens when you shut the throttle when moving in gear is the drive from the rear wheel keeps the
engine turning and if the revs it's turning at are over a certain number the ECU cuts fuel completely, when
the revs drop ether by you pulling in the clutch or the road speed coming down to a point were the revs
drop below a pre-set point it starts injecting fuel again to keep the engine from stalling.

When you shut the throttle at speed it goes from engine pulling the bike along to bike pushing the engine
so no point in injecting fuel till you have to ie when the revs drop to low.

Last edited:

geot

Thanks..
As for the ironic gas2212, sorry for not knowing how an internal combustion engine with injectors works exactly..
Marking other people via internet is badass dude, keep going..

Gaz2212

Thanks..
As for the ironic gas2212, sorry for not knowing how an internal combustion engine with injectors works exactly..
Marking other people via internet is badass dude, keep going..
Sorry Geot, didn't mean anything by it

Ralph

Never ever think I am in any way being disrespectful if it come across that way
it is not intended I am only trying to be helpful.

Nuggets

I'm with Ralph on this one, throttle off and moving, no fuel is being added to the combustion chamber but kinetic energy is keeping the engine turning, with throttle open fuel is added and combustion cycle starts again. My instant consumption also shows 99.99mpg when on the over-run, it's a computer thing my car also does. With no consumption of fuel yet miles clocking up the computer can't divide 0 by the instant mileage so = i.e 0 / 11.1 so it throws up the answer 99.99999999!

If you want to learn more about it then try googling "deceleration fuel shut off" it's a widely used technique in EFI systems.

geot

Ralph the post wasn't for you..
Gas everything ok mate, i posted that cause this is a domain which many people see and your msg was quite disrespectful..
No problem now..
Back to the subject.. Not exactly the same though..
I am having backfiring..
No too loud, but loud enough for me to hear them..
I have not change the exhaust or the filter..
Do you, with the factory exhaust and filter, have any backfire?

Last edited:

geot

More like consecutive bangs..
Not too loud and without light..
But they are noticable..

Last edited: