Today I have been mostly...

foxracer

...taking my bike apart!

I've finally got round to fitting some of the parts I've bought over the past few months, including:

Highsider Dakota lights, front and rear
Replace flasher relay with Motogadget M-Wave
Fuzeblock
Bruudt Tail Tidy
Removal of rear pegs
Fitting DPM screen and rear hugger

I tried to do most of it without making too many changes to the existing wiring so I can put it back to stock. I was mostly able to achieve this, but in some places I just had to cut the original wires!

2015-07-04 17.07.00.jpg

Tried my best to keep the wiring tidy, but because the rear indicators now function as both rear lights, and brake lights, there was lots of wires to cram in.

2015-07-04 17.07.24.jpg

This is an example of where I chopped out the existing flasher relay but used the wiring (including the inline fuse) to wire in the m-Wave. It's a pretty cool doodah that makes your indicators fade in and fade out. Its very clever and is load independent so you can run standard bulbs, LEDs or a combination of both without any problems. It's teeny tiny too. (Don't worry, I did wrap the solder joints in electrical tape)

2015-07-04 20.57.38.jpg

This is a fuzeblock. Basically it takes a feed from the battery, and a switched feed from wherever you can find one. I used the 12v aux port. It has a relay, and allows you to safely connect 6 devices without having to connect them all directly to the battery. Everything is fused, and you can select if the output are always live, or if switched with the ignition. Very clever! I'll add a USB port, feed for a SatNav and maybe heated grips at some point.

2015-07-04 20.58.10.jpg

I had some additional front running lights, but I think these are bright enough.

2015-07-04 20.58.01.jpg

KEVINJSTANLEY

...taking my bike apart!

I've finally got round to fitting some of the parts I've bought over the past few months, including:

Highsider Dakota lights, front and rear
Replace flasher relay with Motogadget M-Wave
Fuzeblock
Bruudt Tail Tidy
Removal of rear pegs
Fitting DPM screen and rear hugger

I tried to do most of it without making too many changes to the existing wiring so I can put it back to stock. I was mostly able to achieve this, but in some places I just had to cut the original wires!

View attachment 2156

Tried my best to keep the wiring tidy, but because the rear indicators now function as both rear lights, and brake lights, there was lots of wires to cram in.

View attachment 2157

This is an example of where I chopped out the existing flasher relay but used the wiring (including the inline fuse) to wire in the m-Wave. It's a pretty cool doodah that makes your indicators fade in and fade out. Its very clever and is load independent so you can run standard bulbs, LEDs or a combination of both without any problems. It's teeny tiny too. (Don't worry, I did wrap the solder joints in electrical tape)

View attachment 2158

This is a fuzeblock. Basically it takes a feed from the battery, and a switched feed from wherever you can find one. I used the 12v aux port. It has a relay, and allows you to safely connect 6 devices without having to connect them all directly to the battery. Everything is fused, and you can select if the output are always live, or if switched with the ignition. Very clever! I'll add a USB port, feed for a SatNav and maybe heated grips at some point.

View attachment 2160

I had some additional front running lights, but I think these are bright enough.

View attachment 2161
Fairs do's m8ty very clever bit of electrical work, the outcome is really good, certainly makes you stand out from the crowd.
Nice Mod's