Time for a change

Ralph

Going to PX my MT-07 in the new year will be sorry to see it go
but arthritis in my hands is making clutch control painful
going twist n go.

Simoncrp

After having my MT07 stolen, I've decided to upgrade to a Kawasaki Z900. It has a slipper clutch. It's so much easier to use than the MT07 clutch. Maybe that would work for you?

Ralph

Not ridden a Z900 but to be honest I dont need that level of power
the licence would not stay clean for long I suspect now 70 so getting
old disgracefully.

Scim77

Great minds . . . . . How interesting! Like Ralph, I have some arthritis but sometimes find cramp and left arm pump painful on long runs, even though the MT-07 has not got a particularly heavy clutch. The slipper/assist clutch used by Kawasaki on their Z900 is lovely and light. Unfortunately the bike is not, being 30kg heavier than '07. Nonetheless, I am test-riding one in the next few days to see if it is a feasible 'next bike' for me. I know the smoothness, torque and power will be delightful but hope the 210kg herb weight won't feel threatening, when man-handling it at a stand-still. Simoncrp please advise your feelings re Z900.
If arthritis becomes really bad, as sounds to be the case for Ralph, then automatics are the only way forward.
Please keep in touch with the group, Ralph, and thanks for all your input to date.

bobh

I've recently acquired a new Ninja 650, which also has a very light slipper-type clutch, and weight-wise is comparable to the MT-09. The naked one is even lighter, of course. If you don't need the extra power, it could be worth considering. And at the moment they are on £99 down and 3-years 0%, which made it the offer I couldn't refuse! I think they are a significant improvement on the previous ER-6.

I got mine from OnYerBike near Aylesbury, who gave me an excellent discount. As they are also Yamaha dealers they may well do a decent trade-in deal on an MT-07. If you do go there, see Tony in the Kawasaki area and mention my name (not that I'm on commission or anything, but he is a mate).

Ralph

For me range is another consideration the 07 is right at the low limit I do
the Round Britain Rally and have had a few close does out in the sticks,
setting out with a full tank and having 2 refuels is not unusual, one of the
best in this respect was a Vstrom 650 that could do over 300 miles on a fill
and save my bacon once or twice.
There's something like the NC750 but I rode the non auto one and it was
one of two bikes I have ever ridden that I was glad to get off and I have ridden
a good few having owed over 60 so that puts me off the auto one even though
those that ride them have nothing but praise,

Simoncrp

I've recently acquired a new Ninja 650, which also has a very light slipper-type clutch, and weight-wise is comparable to the MT-09. The naked one is even lighter, of course. If you don't need the extra power, it could be worth considering. And at the moment they are on £99 down and 3-years 0%, which made it the offer I couldn't refuse! I think they are a significant improvement on the previous ER-6.

I got mine from OnYerBike near Aylesbury, who gave me an excellent discount. As they are also Yamaha dealers they may well do a decent trade-in deal on an MT-07. If you do go there, see Tony in the Kawasaki area and mention my name (not that I'm on commission or anything, but he is a mate).
They have actually changed the ER6 to a Z650 now in line with the new Z range.

Scim77

I, too, have decided to move on. So my very special MT-07 will be on Ebay very soon.

Check out my new posting on "Selling your bike" on this site

Scim77

My bike is now sold. It was a hard call to part with the MT-07 but my needs have changed somewhat. Hopefully I have made the right decision.
Kind regards to all on the forum

Ralph

They seem to be selling well, the local Yam main dealer had a shed load a few month back
but not a single one new or SH at the moment.