The time has come to sell

Gaz2212

Sorry guys this is going to be a long one

Bike is up for sale but I want to sell it as it is

I know this is going to be difficult but i'll break it down and hopefully you guys will appreciate it

First off what are you buying, a second hand MT-07 with just short of 3000 mile on the clock, full dealer service history, stamped book, registered in April 2014. I am the original keeper and there is no finance outstanding at all, second hand value standard bike £4500 approx.

Here's the biggy I want £7000, let me explain, it would be a shame to brake the bike back to original, everyone who has seen it has liked it

let me list for you all the extras

Non Genuine Accessories

Maxton front cartridges and rear remote reservoir shock £1,350.00
Racepaint UK custom paintwork £850.00
Front axle protectors (Ebay) £25.00
Brembo front and rear uprated brake pads £90.00
Hel Performance full ABS braided lines kit £240.00
DNA air filter £45.00
Meta Cat 2-1 upgrade alarm £190.00
Puig MT-09 custom fitted screen £65.00
HID projector headlight £120.00
R & G radiator guard £55.00
R & G rear footrest blanks £55.00
Vagabond Motorsport brake reservoir relocation bracket £25.00

£3,110.00

Yamaha Genuine Accessories (prices from Yamaha website)

Akrapovic exhaust system with cat £861.68
Billet foot pedals £312.00
Billet chain adjusters £95.00
Billet brake and clutch levers £181.60
Billet pivot covers £41.50
Billet frame tube end caps £41.50
Billet handlebar ends £50.00
Sub cowling £228.00
Seat cover £146.00
Tail tidy £104.00
Billet radiator side covers £74.60
Bilet coolant reservoir cover £59.60
Aluminium chain guard £82.70
Steel mesh covers front and rear £50.00
Rear axle protectors £67.00
Comfort seat £196.00
Led indicators front and rear £96.78

£2,687.96

As you can see the total for all the parts excluding fitting (apart from paint and suspension) comes to £5797.96

I understand you never get your money back for accessories and people like to do it themselves but if you wanted a unique MT-07 ABS you are getting all the parts for an extra £2500 all fitted and ready to ride, saving you £3297.96

I will include all of the original parts in the sale, so you can either ebay these or when you come to sell if you wanted to return the bike back to original as much as possible you will have a good pile of goodies to sell on and I would say almost recoup the extra cost of the bike now

The bike is honestly in immaculate condition

I know I have spent way to much on this bike, but it would be a shame not to see it live on in its own guise

The bike has all keys and books, it currently has a private registration not included in the sale, I am in the process of putting this on retention

More pics to follow

Any question and serious buyers please send me pm

Donut

I agree that the bike looks great and hopefully you'll be able to find someone that appreciates all the work and money that you've put into it.

If not then I guess your options include selling the original parts yourself to lower the selling price of the bike and using Ebay to set the bike's value.

Personally there is a lot of stuff that I wouldn't consider as worth paying anything for such as paintwork (and most of the stuff that begins with "billet") and the alarm would cost money to get removed (hate them).

Good luck with it though and let us know what you get to replace it..

Gaz2212

Donut, i think with alarm systems it is down to the quality of installation, auto electrics has been my job for nearly 26 years and yes i have seen systems that cause a lot of problems, all i can say with mine it has never false triggered, never flattened the battery and only triggers when its supposed to, my only false trigger is when i forget to turn it off
but yes there are installations that cause problems

Gaz2212

Shadow. one out a three ain't bad
Tracer not a chance, dealer borrowed me one when mine was in for service, rode about 5 miles to come home for the day, messed about with the screen to try and stop turbulence noise underneath my helmet, no good, Yamaha should know better, took it them back and waited a couple of hours
Gsr 750 bit of power increase but looking for more
s1000r sport on my shopping list

Donut

Shadow. one out a three ain't bad
Tracer not a chance, dealer borrowed me one when mine was in for service, rode about 5 miles to come home for the day, messed about with the screen to try and stop turbulence noise underneath my helmet, no good, Yamaha should know better, took it them back and waited a couple of hours
Gsr 750 bit of power increase but looking for more
s1000r sport on my shopping list

Could sell you a Speed Triple 1050 (2011 face lift model) if you like.

Gaz2212

First one sold as is, so it lives on in its finished guise
Secondly, no thanks for the kind offer of the triple don't like Triumph at all personally

Gaz2212

full money what I was asking but I'm sure could have got more, put it on ebay classified and within a day it was sold and must have had 8 enquiries on the bike and no one haggled with price
new owner seems very happy with it
test rode s1000r sport yesterday, what a bike, think that's on the shopping list now

Eddieh93

Think you might have made a good decision with the S1000R being on the list they are B-E-A-U-TIFUL and a joy to ride apparently.