The dark side beckons...

RichMT

Today, I've fitted a tail tidy purchased from eBay and I was very impressed with the quality and clear instructions. In fact, the only thing I didn't like was the stick-on button reflector thrown in for legal reasons, so I got a bolt-on rectangular one and made a bracket that stuck on the back of the reg plate. It's much nicer and allows the releflector to be at the correct angle to do its job. I added additional wiring for the reg plate light so I didn't have to modify the bike's loom and so the original back end could be retro fitted if required in the future.

Llnk for tail tidy (eBay)

I also fitted an Osram Night Racer 110 headlight bulb and a multi-LED sidelight bulb to improve visibility to others and to change the output to a much whiter light. Very impressed with the result and I'd recommend the upgrade to all.

Next on the list are some minor cosmetic embellishments. Oh, and the remainder of the parts I ordered with the bike should be in by the end of the week so I can get them fitted too.

Looking forward to riding out to a nice location and taking some decent pics which I will of course post here!

Last edited:

sdrio

Forty quid is a really good price. I'm not into modding, but that whacking great big thing hanging over the back wheel is the one thing that jars with me when looking at the bike. I haven't changed it because I don't hate it enough to spend 120 quid on sorting it.

Might have to bag myself one of those though.

def

yeah i want pics aswell :) was planning to buy the R&G tail tidy but this one was equaly nice and alot cheaper :)

RichMT

Hopefully I'll get a couple of pics up tomorrow... Out in the tin top today getting an MoT!

spencer

Just use a small cable tie near number plate to stop the fins flapping about. The thing I like about this tail tidy is it looks genuine.

RichMT

Here are some pics as promised of mods so far...

Tail tidy:

image.jpg

Tank stickers:

image.jpg

Red anodised adjustable levers:

image.jpg

image.jpg

And I've now put the fins back on (thanks for that tip spencer):
image.jpg

spencer

The fins just finish it off nicely. Want some tank protectors but not willing to pay 40 notes for them Its a total rip off.

RichMT

... Want some tank protectors but not willing to pay 40 notes for them Its a total rip off.
i don't think I'd have paid that much either but I got a generous discount on my genuine Yamaha extras as I ordered them with the bike. I also have the billet radiator sides and coolant bottle cage which look so much better than the plastic originals. More pics to follow...

My screen arrived today. At least I thought it had. When I picked it up it was the sport screen whereas I'd ordered the fly screen. They're going to swap it though so not too long to wait. Then it's just a matter of saving up for a decent exhaust, which I'll do whilst I'm in the 'running in' phase. :rolleyes: