The beginning of the end...

foxracer

So that's it then. I've ordered a new bike to replace the MT07.

Shiny new black BMW s1000r should be arriving in the first week of May!

P.s. Will be putting mt07 up for sale soon :)

Noggie

Hehe, seems this bike is a 1-2 season bike for most.
Great replacement bike. Might follow you in a year or so......

sdrio

I'm probably gong to hang on to mine.

I was thinking about what to buy next, but was offered an old but sound R1, which I'm in the process of tarting up and restoring to (almost) original.

It turns out it is a stonking bike to ride. It kind of fills the gaps around the MT07 for me - it's mentally fast and funky looking, so between the two bikes there's not much missing.

But - the BMW is a hell of a bike, I don't blame you for chopping in the MT for one. Hope you enjoy it.

foxracer

Cheers both. Still like the MT07 a lot and would keep it but having two naked bikes seems silly. I'd consider having something like an R6 as well, but will see :)

Noggie

There is a part of me that wants to hang on to the MT-07, and then there is a part of me that wants something new and higher quality, possibly with a fairing.
I could get a second bike, but I think people would think I have lost my mind.
I'm living alone, have two cars and the MT already, and spend about half the year abroad working..... so why would I need 4 vehicles....???

sdrio

There is a part of me that wants to hang on to the MT-07, and then there is a part of me that wants something new and higher quality, possibly with a fairing.
I could get a second bike, but I think people would think I have lost my mind.
I'm living alone, have two cars and the MT already, and spend about half the year abroad working..... so why would I need 4 vehicles....???
One for commuting, one to keep sparkly clean for weekends. A spare in case the commuter breaks down, and another one just in case one is being serviced, and the other one breaks down and the other one has just been cleaned and it's raining.

Which in reality means you're then down to just one useable vehicle - I'd probably play it safe and get one more, make sure ALL the bases are covered.

Noggie

I guess if I won a lot of money I would have one of each "class".
A race bike (s1000rr), a touring bike(z1000sx), a naked(keep the MT, and/or get a MV Agusta brutale dragster), a cafe racer, a cool bike (Ducati Diavel).

Sadly being a car nut for far longer than a bike nut I would have had a bunch of cars too.

It's hard being a motor head........

I'm putting the station wagon up for sale within a week, and don't plan to replace it before October/November. So I'll make due with just one car and a bike this summer :)

sdrio

I guess if I won a lot of money I would have one of each "class".
A race bike (s1000rr), a touring bike(z1000sx), a naked(keep the MT, and/or get a MV Agusta brutale dragster), a cafe racer, a cool bike (Ducati Diavel).

Sadly being a car nut for far longer than a bike nut I would have had a bunch of cars too.

It's hard being a motor head........

I'm putting the station wagon up for sale within a week, and don't plan to replace it before October/November. So I'll make due with just one car and a bike this summer :)
Actually, I find the biggest limitation on the number of bikes / cars I can have is not just money, it's another far more complicated thing, called a wife.

Noggie

Actually, I find the biggest limitation on the number of bikes / cars I can have is not just money, it's another far more complicated thing, called a wife.
If the money is there the wife should not be a problem. Space is probably a bigger issue...... or maybe not, as you can just buy more......
I guess if the money is there there really is no issues..... if you stay within the law.