Tank Cover

astronaut

I am new to this forum. so please forgive me if i have posted this thread in a wrong place.
I bought a Yamaha MT 07 deep armor bike but what i wanted was a racing red bike. Now i want to change the color.
Please can any one tell me an online store where i can buy a red tank cover.

I read somewhere that the racing red bikes are faster than other models but as far as i know there is no differences apart from the color change.
Can someone please explain me whether there is a truth behind this statement.

KEVINJSTANLEY

I am new to this forum. so please forgive me if i have posted this thread in a wrong place.
I bought a Yamaha MT 07 deep armor bike but what i wanted was a racing red bike. Now i want to change the color.
Please can any one tell me an online store where i can buy a red tank cover.

I read somewhere that the racing red bikes are faster than other models but as far as i know there is no differences apart from the color change.
hi m8ty
with regards to a tank cover there are suppliers such as bagster who do a tank cover in several colours, this has the additional benefit of allowing you to fit a bag on the tank [but is not essential]
concerning your colour /speed question , I assume you are a youngster and new to bikes so will not take the Mick, urban gossip is a bugger and some believe that certain models of all bikes go quicker, however in my experience this is not the case unless they are advertised as such by the manufactures.
remember the saying go faster stripes on your car....they didn't..... so you can safely expect that a red MT is not quicker than any other MT

hope it helps and enjoy your bike

Torque

What you are experiencing here is a physical phenomenon called red-shift and blue-shift. Waves emitted from a moving object are subject to the Doppler effect, most known for its effect on sound waves. When the object is moving towards you the sound waves 'bunch up' causing a higher frequency sound, conversely when the object moves away from you the sound waves 'spread out' causing a lower frequency of sound.

The same happens with light. Red light has a lower frequency than blue light, so a fast moving object (motorbike) will appear more red in colour as it moves away from an observer, but more blue as it moves towards an observer. The rider experiences no perceived change in colour because he/she is travelling at the same speed as the bike!

So to answer your question, no the red bikes are not faster, but... If you want a bike that looks as if its going faster then it depends on the viewpoint. Deep Armour (blue end of the spectrum) will look faster as it accelerates towards an observer and Racing Red faster for accelerating away from an observer. See the pictures below for further clarity.

bt2lf0615_a.jpgElectromagneticSpectrumV2.jpg

I will now take my tongue from my cheek ;) These principles are true, but the speeds involved would have to be a significant percentage of the speed of light.

Torque

Follow up on Doppler effect above.

That's why I got a white MT-07. White is a mix of all colours in the spectrum so it looks faster in whatever direction you're going :cool:

astronaut

Thank you guys for your quick response and clear explanations. Thank you admins for this awesome forum.
In my country there is no official dealer for this bike. so buying a tank cover here is difficult that's why i was looking for an online store but i couldn't find one.