Starter Switch Replacement (Upgrade?)

Nuggets

Hi guys,

I'm toying with the idea of swapping out the starter switch. The OEM switch is a crap design, mine has started to bind, I'm going to get it replaced under warranty but the bike has 3,700 miles on the clock and has mainly been driven in the dry. I've lubed the switch but it makes no difference, it appears to be a weak return spring or some crap has found it's way into the switch. It doesn't bode well for the longevity of the switchgear so I have found an aftermarket start / kill switch that will fit.

Yamaha 700 MT-07 Domino Starter / Kill Switch | eBay

rather than chop up the existing wiring and looms to recover the plugs I'm hoping to source the correct terminators make up the ends of the switch and then plug and play.

Has any one replaced there's yet? if so do you have any pictures of the termination plugs?any information gratefully received.

D

Deleted member 20

Older design Yam controls might just plug and play? The one on my TDM works perfectly, but the throttle tube is 2 cm loger. The one on XJ6 also works well but design is a little off, more rounded. Talk to you Yam dealers and ask what they think.

Ralph

Mine was sticking about a week back but seemed fine yesterday am going to complain at next service
the MT-125 switches are much nicer.