Standard Comfy or Bespoke Seat Modification MT-07 2015

grillphil

Hi,

Would anyone recommend the standard MT07 Comfy Seat Yamaha MT-07 Comfort Seat 1WS-247C0-00-00 of a bespoke seat modification to stop my arse pains after riding for just an hour?

Took a ride out for 2.5 hours last weekend and by heck, the pains in my rear were horrendous.:eek: It felt as if I'd been spanked with a scaffold board!

I've seen that Sussex Motorcycles plus others offer a seat rebuild for around £110 plus shipping both ways and would ask if anyone on here has had an indie do a comfy seat mod and compared it with the standard Yam Comfy Seat.

Cheers Guys & Dolls

valvestem

Hi Ya;
Well one thing it could be, have this problem myself, I'm over weight about 30 pounds and they hang on like glue.
If your over weight that means you have lots more pressure per square inch on your arse.. Lose some weight if you can.

Don't take it the wrong way.. I'm kidding a little here also.
Ride safe
valvestem

Scim77

I have a 'Comfort Seat' as well as a standard seat for my MT-07. The (laughingly called) Comfy seat is in fact more firm than the standard seat. The padding is definitely harder and no thicker. The covering material is grippier. Just how all this relates to comfort I am unsure. Cleverer people than me must have researched the criteria before arriving at this design. Personally I feel that it would have been more appropriate to name it the Sports Seat. You feel more secure, slide around less and (strangely) don't suffer more (or less) bum ache.
It would be well worth talking to Sussex Motorcycles to hear their version of comfort pros and cons. I would have thought that spreading the load more evenly around your bum would reduce pressure points and increase comfort. Modern research and thinking might confound this.
When I did a 1000 mile trip around Wales spread over four days I used my standard seat plus an Air Hawk pad. I ran the Air Hawk virtually flat - just enough air to spread the load. If you go a gnat's too high on air pressure, the seat feels too squidgy. You feel disconnected from the bike and lose 'feel' in bike control and handling. It would be lovely for droning along Route 66 on a Harley but hopeless if you need to go around corners.
If you eventually get a Yamaha Comfort Seat don't expect miracles. It has some advantages but I am not sure that comfort is one of them.

Yaminator

That also could be my problem as i have gain a few kilo's.....???
Hi Ya;
Well one thing it could be, have this problem myself, I'm over weight about 30 pounds and they hang on like glue.
If your over weight that means you have lots more pressure per square inch on your arse.. Lose some weight if you can.

Don't take it the wrong way.. I'm kidding a little here also.
Ride safe
valvestem

Yaminator

Anyway GrillPhill where have you been .. ive been looking out for you but aint seen seen you about the beech.? ;)

robodene

I have extra neoprene foam on mine with more foam for the 'sit' bones. I covered it with neoprene sheet. It is inelegant but works a treat. No aches even riding for over 2 hours.

nobull

Looks good
I disagree - looks bloody amazing! I tried to do my own for my KTM, and I'm quite handy with everything from a scalpel to a mig torch, but it looked crap compared to this. This one even looks better than my Yamaha comfort seat