Sorry Guys - I've defected the MT09

loneranger

worlds apart. The 09 is more refined above the obvious power. I should have gone with this before. but having a free akra swayed me last month. The 07 was great bike for me for a year as a new rider. The suspension quality is way better also,

DeadHead

Agreed with Loneranger, while the 07 is a great bike the 09 is just that bit better in every area. The engine is so peachy, pulls from as low as 2.5k in 5th gear, it really is a cracking engine. The brakes surprised me the most, so glad the dealer persuaded me to go for the ABS model as I've had it kick in a number of times now the brakes are so sharp. If you like your bikes LOUD then the 09 with akra and NO baffle is seriously loud, oh my is sounds delicious.

Hammerian

Such a shame,

Sadly it also now means your on the wrong forum too ;)

Love the 07 although the new Tracer is quite tempting.

Ham

Donut

Guess what you need to do is go out and test ride the MT09 for yourself.

I tried both bikes (the MT07 and MT09 one after one another) and although they are both cracking bikes and brilliantly priced for me the MT09 didn't do anything that my Speed Triple already does.

BUT most importantly I didn't like the riding position on the MT09 - it was too much like riding a super motard, so that, and the fact that I like riding twins (don't we all given half a chance), made it an easy choice. For me the 07 wins.

DJP

Enjoy your new bike.

The MT09 is a fantastic machine, and I was sorely tempted when I bought my 07, but the 09 riding position just doesn't suit me.

I'll probably trade in the 07 in a year or so, but sadly the 09 won't be on my shopping list.

bubbles

Guess what you need to do is go out and test ride the MT09 for yourself.

I tried both bikes (the MT07 and MT09 one after one another) and although they are both cracking bikes and brilliantly priced for me the MT09 didn't do anything that my Speed Triple already does.

BUT most importantly I didn't like the riding position on the MT09 - it was too much like riding a super motard, so that, and the fact that I like riding twins (don't we all given half a chance), made it an easy choice. For me the 07 wins.
I found the same thing when I borrowed the MT09, nice but not for me.A shame really I always thought it would be a natural progression for me after the MT07, all down to personal preference I guess.

It does make things a little easier now though as the Street Triple R is the only upgrade option on my list :) , just a little overpriced compared to the MT09. Won't be for a while though, if possible i'd like to keep my MT07 as well. Every time I take her out I'm genuinely surprised how awesome it is.

amavro

The mt-09 tracer is a better upgrade ,better bike than the naked one .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donut

I found the same thing when I borrowed the MT09, nice but not for me.A shame really I always thought it would be a natural progression for me after the MT07, all down to personal preference I guess.

It does make things a little easier now though as the Street Triple R is the only upgrade option on my list :) , just a little overpriced compared to the MT09. Won't be for a while though, if possible i'd like to keep my MT07 as well. Every time I take her out I'm genuinely surprised how awesome it is.
Although the Street Triple (and R version) is a smaller engine bike than the MT09 I guess the non-R version is a closer spec comparison to the MT09 which would save a few quid compared to the R version.

DeadHead

The mt-09 tracer is a better upgrade ,better bike than the naked one .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't agree with you on that, I rode both bikes back to back and for me personally the naked was better.

I was really disappointed with the Tracer. The screen was worse than useless and I'm an average height guy, the wind noise was horrendous.
Shocking vibrations coming from the pegs at 4k RPM and finally the shoddy finish behind the headlight/fairing, it look unfinished.
Touring bike wise yes it's great and comfort levels are probably more suited to a lot or riders over the naked. I loved the naked seating position,
don't care much for the seat mind you :)

loneranger

Ive ridden both. The MT09 with akra is seriously better refined, powerful, muscle and just much more fun. With a free akra its a no brainer! Just a note I loved my MT07 also but like marriage it always ends sometime. Enjoy an deb safe all!

Phil_B

I just went for a regular street triple. Felt weird at first but my is it a good bike.

More plush, more power, more noise. For ~£1500 more than an MT07 I can see where its been spent!

bubbles

I just went for a regular street triple. Felt weird at first but my is it a good bike.

More plush, more power, more noise. For ~£1500 more than an MT07 I can see where its been spent!
I've ridden the regular street triple and loved every minute of it, I just fancy the R version to get the better brakes and adjustable suspension to save thinking about upgrades at a later date.

There plenty of rumours going round the interweb about the new triumph tiger 800cc triple engine making it's way into the next Street Triple models, that would certainly get my attention :)