Slippy Seat

Eddieh93

Has anyone found a seat that is a bit more grippy than the OEM one, as I feel like i slip around the place quite a lot?

Or am i going to have to find some grippy material and cover the seat myself?

PanosGR

Hello from Greece.

I don't feel my MT-07 seat slippery as long as i wear jeans or cordura. With formal pants, yes there is a big problem.

A few weeks ago i took my best friend's Kawasaki Ninja's seat (that was really slippery) to a local professional in Athens, to change all the outer shell with a non slippery one (i choose between a couple of non slip fabrics). I had repaired a torn seat from an old bike of mine there some years ago. The result was fantastic, and i might modify my MT-07 seats also in the future.

Perhaps you can modify your existing seat and don't have to change the actual seat.

ReGo

Well, when my bike was new I found it a bit slippery. Now however I completely forgot about it. Could it be that as it gets a bit older it gets more grippy?
If you want to solve the lack of grip you could buy a pair of motorcycle pants with a "grip-patch" covering the "bum" area (made of non-slip material). I bought these the other day:
https://www.louis.eu/artikel/held-tamaso-textile-pants/211112

I haven't tested them yet but the material which contacts with the seat seams very grippy. If I don't forget I will post here a report after a ride with these pants.

Safe rides, guys!

Last edited:

ReGo

Alright so I went for a ride (200km) with my new HELD Tamaso pants and they felt SUPER grippy. I felt planted to the seat, no moving about what so ever, even under hard braking. I didn't expect that. However, maybe because of this my ass was sore/tired after a couple of hours on the seat which didn't happen before. Also, they are not as ventilated as my jeans so not as cool for riding the 30+ degrees I have here. Still I'm happy with these pants, I feel much more in contact with the bike. And since it has a lot more protection than the jeans I used to wear I also feel more safe and confident. Hard to ask for more from a 69 EURO pair of pants!

PanosGR

For the summer I usually use a Spidi jean which is a mix of cotton and cordura (80/20) - the kevlar jeans are to hot - with protections on knees and hips. That is expensive of course but it has perfect grip both at the seat and the tank cover.

I forgot to mention that the seat modification in here costs 35-40 euros, less than an anti-slip seat cover.