Single Seat Conversion

Eddieh93

I am looking at buying a pillion seat cover or Yamaha original replacement but begrudge paying Yamaha's extortionate prices for what I think doesn't look that good. I have found 2 alternatives, just wondering if anyone has either of these and what's the verdict.

$_57 (1).JPG$_57.JPG

Any input is much appreciated.

Eddieh93

I think that might be the same one, thanks though Noggie, I heard something about failing your MOT if you have no pillion foot pegs but a seat for one? not that i need to worry about MOT just yet.

nobull

Yes that's right, my friendly mot tester let my R6 pass without pillion footpegs or seat this year, its a new reg for this year he told me. I never have pillion insurance (that way don't have to tell the missus she's too heavy & ruins the handling:D), so I'm breaking the law if I take a pillion, but also breaking if I don't take pillion & remove the footpegs!! WTF? Eurocrats no doubt

CVSensei

The bottom one is the Ermax one but it appears to be unpainted, haven't seen that colour scheme anywhere! Usually partly black and with a glossy finish. I'll take a picture when I'm back :)

I have it in deep armour and it looks sleek af, perfectly completes the back end especially if you have the Ermax tidy.

Also easily interchangeable, got the same hooks as the OEM seat so the MOT issue is a non-issue, takes 5 seconds to switch back.

Kiwi

I think that might be the same one, thanks though Noggie, I heard something about failing your MOT if you have no pillion foot pegs but a seat for one? not that i need to worry about MOT just yet.
My friend had a funny argument with the WoF guy (similar to your MOT) here in NZ about this. After a bit of debate he just took the seat off. The guy wasn't legally allowed to fail the test because there was no longer a seat fitted. Might be worth keeping that trick up your sleeve...