Service No 2

loneranger

Can anyone recommend whenI should do next service. I anat 2800 miles now. Thinking of another oil and filter change perhaps? I have anakrafitted also and hearing on these forums i should be asking the dealer to sync the fuel balance or something also? any advice please

Ralph

I usually do a extra oil change about 2500/3000 miles just to flush any
bit of metal left over from running in then after that just stick to the book,
I also usually fit a magnetic sump plug only cheap and you will be surprised
how much metal they pick up, non of this is necessary but makes me
feel better.
:D:D:D

towner87

I have just change my oil again at 1800 miles. I have just done a track day and thought the bike could do with some fresh blood.

dazzor

I usually do a extra oil change about 2500/3000 miles just to flush any
bit of metal left over from running in then after that just stick to the book,
I also usually fit a magnetic sump plug only cheap and you will be surprised
how much metal they pick up, non of this is necessary but makes me
feel better.
:D:D:D
The magnetic sump plug thingy; don't suppose you can supply a link to one that would fit the 07?

Thanks

Darren

Ralph

Am looking for one myself but not sure of the thread size but will post when I track the correct
one down, suspect it's just the same as the one for the R6 and other Yamaha's

Gaz2212

This is the link to the site and product page where I got mine from

Dear for what it is but does exactly what it says on the tin

Did an oil change at 2000 mile it had bits attached to it, not loads but obviously stopped them from going round my engine

M14 x 1 5 Magnetic Oil Sump Drain Plug

Nuggets

It's a M14 x1.5, searching for the plug online it seems to be a common part number across the Yamaha range, including marine engines! My plug is 18 mm long others I seen online are 14mm long, it doesnt make a difference. I got mine from the link below I can tell you its ridiculously powerful if a little pricy, but its temperature stable. I've not taken the plug out yet (got dealer to put it in at 600mile service) so don't know how much swarf to expect, any is a good sign it means the plug is doing its job!

Bad Request

As for oil I think I may change my oil after winter as its going to be parked up in the garage and will probably only get turned over once in a while so the oil will get a bit sooty (unless we gave a mild one). I've done 2,350 miles.

Last edited:

Ralph

At first you will find surprisingly big lumps but after a few changes you
get a kind of grey slime stuck to the magnet.

dazzor

Thanks for the info chaps, much appreciated. I'm using my Iphone via Tapatalk so can't hit a thank you icon.