Seriously...?

Ralph

Actually..... Rain-X specify on the bottle and on the website that it is not to be used on motorcycle visors, or any acrylic glass.

I dont ride in the rain :)

Yep I read that to but it works for me, maybe I have the only visor it will work on, try it on a little out
of vision place first see if it courses any problems, I have it on both my lids water just beads and runs off
maybe we have a different type of rain here.

sdrio

Hmm. Well, I'm a sceptical bugger at the best of times, but I'm not convinced. If it worked well someone would have invented it 50 years ago.

For starters their video is dubious. The 'without' is showing a visor fogging up with the riders breath, the 'with' doesn't show that at all. How exactly is the wiper on the outside stopping the inside from fogging up?

Someone also asked in the comments about how you stop rain dripping down the inside of the visor with it fitted. The answer seems to be 'Don;t worry, the gap is only 1mm'. Well 1mm is more than enough to let water through.

I'd like to see some reviews by actual bikers. Not that I'd buy one anyway, it looks kind of daft.

spencer

Hmm. Well, I'm a sceptical bugger at the best of times, but I'm not convinced. If it worked well someone would have invented it 50 years ago.

For starters their video is dubious. The 'without' is showing a visor fogging up with the riders breath, the 'with' doesn't show that at all. How exactly is the wiper on the outside stopping the inside from fogging up?

Someone also asked in the comments about how you stop rain dripping down the inside of the visor with it fitted. The answer seems to be 'Don;t worry, the gap is only 1mm'. Well 1mm is more than enough to let water through.

I'd like to see some reviews by actual bikers. Not that I'd buy one anyway, it looks kind of daft.
If this thing was real then don't you think the motorcycle helmet company would have jumped on it or someone like MCN would have done a article on it by now.

Noggie

Yep I read that to but it works for me, maybe I have the only visor it will work on, try it on a little out
of vision place first see if it courses any problems, I have it on both my lids water just beads and runs off
maybe we have a different type of rain here.
I use it on my cars, great stuff. I was considering to try it on my visor but then I read up on it and decided not to.

I had to ride in the rain once, and my shoei visor did not repel the water very well anymore after I had used alcohol wipes to clean off bugs.
As I said I don't use the bike in the rain, at least not on purpose, those days I take the car.
Since then I use paper towels soaked in water on my visor to get the bugs off, takes more time, but is probably better for the visor.

I don't believe a wiper is the solution, a non stick coating like rain-x is probably the best way to go and let the wind push the water off the visor.

sdrio

I use it on my cars, great stuff. I was considering to try it on my visor but then I read up on it and decided not to.

I had to ride in the rain once, and my shoei visor did not repel the water very well anymore after I had used alcohol wipes to clean off bugs.
As I said I don't use the bike in the rain, at least not on purpose, those days I take the car.
Since then I use paper towels soaked in water on my visor to get the bugs off, takes more time, but is probably better for the visor.

I don't believe a wiper is the solution, a non stick coating like rain-x is probably the best way to go and let the wind push the water off the visor.
My gloves have a little rubber blade attached to the index finger on the left hand. Clears my visor quickly and cleanly.

sdrio

I used to be a despatch rider in London in the 1980s, there was a guy who used to ride the most astonishingly ratty old British bike around (nobody ever worked out what it actually was), but he apparently liked to tinker in his shed, and used to show off his inventions to other bikers. The bike was covered in gadgets and wires.

Amongst other mad things, he had one of those things on his helmet. Only time I've ever seen one out in the wild.

I'm pretty sure that in the rain a splattered visor was the least of his problems - deadly electrocution had to be a real possibility, given the state of his bike.