Seat Comfort Options

inversteve

I'm finding my seat just so uncomfortable after 20 miles or more.

Spoke to two companies and they both suggest adding 1-2 inches of foam should do the trick.

Have any other members had there seat upgraded with more foam or gel and the effect it has had. Would be good to hear what options work and which do not.

Thanks

bypasser

How long have you had your bike inversteve? Reason I ask is that mine was quite uncomfortable at first but got better over time (first 1000 miles?). I've heard others say the same here. So maybe it's just a matter of break in? Or have you already done enough miles?

bypasser

I've never worn leather pants on it. Hard to be sure if butt gets used to it or seat gets broken in but imagine that could be tested by taking a week or two off riding the bike and seeing if it still feels better? Something I'm not willing to try as I enjoy riding too much. If you've done 1000 that's when I noticed the difference but maybe it's all in my head....

Eager to her how you get on solving this though. Something super comfortable might interest me as still not perfect

robodene

I am ok with the seat. On my MT-03 I inserted a gel pad and 30mm of neoprene foam on top; also extra foam pads just for sit bones: all day comfort result.

Donut

For those of us in the UK I'd just like to say that my pants are just regular cotton ones - however my bike TROUSERS are leather.

If you're from over the pond then I'll accept that you don't really know how to speak english and accept your idiosyncrasies, but if you're from the UK, you really should know better.

:p

bypasser

I fail to see where the confusion comes from? Or why you felt the need to make the point Donut?

Unless the thought of people here riding around in leather undies is what brought you here.....?

Donut

I fail to see where the confusion comes from? Or why you felt the need to make the point Donut?

Unless the thought of people here riding around in leather undies is what brought you here.....?
Just hate americanisms. If you're british please use the english language, if you're american then fine.

Do like craigieboy's answer though.

Donut

Was supposed to be a tongue in cheek comment about the pants/trousers (hence the emoticon).

No offence intended to anyone.

I'll get my coat.

bypasser

Yeah Donut. Come back. Although maybe not here, seem to have hijacked the thread.

Back to topic.

Inversteve, please update us if you make progress (pants or not).

Donut

Yeah Donut. Come back. Although maybe not here, seem to have hijacked the thread.

Back to topic.

Inversteve, please update us if you make progress (pants or not).
OK, back on track.

Before I go down the Yamaha comfort seat option I'm going to try and find a local (to me - Berkshire area) company that is able to alter my existing seat. A mate had his seat for his Triumph Bonneville resized and resculptured by a company in Wokingham so will contact them in the near future.

Will update as/when I have more info.

Right, just off to Ann Summers now to see what pants they have ............. ;)

craigieboy

I attended the Yamaha dark tour and was having a shot on the bikes including test rides. The bikes had the comforts seats fitted and i didnt feel any diffrence. Some people ive asked say they feel a slight diffrence however i wonder if its just to justify the price they've paid for it.