scott olier

badger27

looking at fitting a scott oiler will be doing it myself as the dealer wants 70+ pounds for fitting it
any one fitted one ? could you offer me advice please

thanks guys

badger

mudrock

I've got one, but I am rather lazy, got the dealer to fit it when I first brought the bike,
Does the job well.

KEVINJSTANLEY

which oiler version are u getting, I was looking also at the E system it appears straight forward to install, however I also wonder about cosmetic due to under the seat having no room. bloody dear the E system too

badger27

Looking at spending 75 on the system which ever that one is. Will fit it myself I'm not paying 75 for fitting. That's a lot of petrol I could be burning ?

Anthony

Looking at spending 75 on the system which ever that one is. Will fit it myself I'm not paying 75 for fitting. That's a lot of petrol I could be burning ?
I have the V system, Bought it myself off ebay for about £50 with the dual head. Took it to the dealer to fit, which they did for £25+ vat.

shadowmonkey

I just fitted a tutoro system which is cheaper and doesn't need to be attached to electrics or vacuum so won't void warranty. Uses a weight to push oil through every bump you go over.

Nuggets

I have the e-system with the twin adapter, its dead easy to fit, reservoir sits in the pillion cubby hole, pipework runs down frame quite nicely, the wiring to the controller I followed the existing loom on the left hand side under the tank, there is an abundance of cable left over. You don't need to cut vacuum pipes (never been keen on doing that!) as it has it's own pump.

For the controller I originally used the universal mounting bracket and fixed it above the speedo but I had to bend the universal bracket as well as shim it and it looked crap. I've since got the yamaha gps bracket and mounted it to that and i think it looks great. I will take some pictures and post them tomorrow.

IMG_4263.jpg
IMG_4264.jpg

Cleaning the chain is so easy, put the rear on a stand, stick it in first gear and idle, I use an Oxford chain "c" shaped brush to clean the chain then when im done i just tell the scottoiler to prime itself (which it does for 60seconds) to give the cleaned chain a good dose of lube. The rate of oil is adjustable at the touch of a button, it auto powers on and off and tells you the oil level, you get a little bit of splatter on the number plate but that's a small price to pay and comes with the territory. I have used one reservoir full in 3,500 miles at a rate of 60/s per drop, I also have the twin adapter which does slightly increase oil consumption.

Highly recommended if you love a gadget like me!

P.S having read the warranty terms (uk) before fitting, adding one doesn't void warranty - it's just not covered by yamaha, nor is any damage it causes to the bike so it's no different in that respect to fitting an aftermarket exhaust, air filter, heated grips or even wiring in a gps yourself. Wiring a 240v plug is more difficult that installing the e-system! If you are nervous bite the bullet and get your dealer to do it, it still won't be covered by the warranty as its not a Yamaha authorised part but at least you will have a right of recourse against your dealer.

Last edited:

TJ63

I've got a Scottoiler on mine, Badger. I can fit yours for you or show you how. It'll only cost you a beer!

TJ

TJ63

That looks the same as I've done mine. I should have told Scottoiler, or sent them a video!